New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Same here, would get the IS350F over the Mustang and STi. Slower and less bonkers, but much more elegant and useable as a daily.

Or a Jeep Rubicon - come hell or high water, it'll survive.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    we v-boxed the is350 f-sport and we were surprised that it was faster than the STi. in the track you'd be more confident with an STi but the f-sport is really amazing, i'd say with a pro driver behind the wheel he'll be faster on the f-sport than on the STi. i'm just not a big fan of how it looks, there's too much going on the front end for me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Aha! Time to look for a used IS350 F-Sport in 3-5 years!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Dba may all new mustang na?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The IS350's V6 engine sounds marvelous, a white example just roared past me this morning. It would actually be my choice if the requirement was a daily driver. Of course it wont sound as good as a Mustang v8, but it sounds better than an STI.

I think the cheaper non-F Sport version would be better. It is just as quick in the real world. More comfortable because its wheels are not ridiculous. It should get better gas mileage (if that matters). It is also half a million cheaper.

But when a Mustang V8 burbles alongside your IS350, you will feel jealous on why you spent so much money on a japanese compact sedan.
    At least you can outrun an STI while sitting in your leather cocoon.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    The IS350's V6 engine sounds marvelous, a white example just roared past me this morning. It would actually be my choice if the requirement was a daily driver. Of course it wont sound as good as a Mustang v8, but it sounds better than an STI.

I think the cheaper non-F Sport version would be better. It is just as quick in the real world. More comfortable because its wheels are not ridiculous. It should get better gas mileage (if that matters). It is also half a million cheaper.

But when a Mustang V8 burbles alongside your IS350, you will feel jealous on why you spent so much money on a japanese compact sedan.
    At least you can outrun an STI while sitting in your leather cocoon.
    better sound depends on the person listening, but i agree that the f-sport has the best sound out of all 3.

nope, that's like saying the wrx is just as quick as the STi.

again depends on the preference of the person. the f-sport really feels expensive when you're inside it, unlike the mustang which is bland on the inside. the f-sport is much more comfortable and has more features that would be nice to have. the mustang gt cost 2.9m while the f-sport is around 3.1M, for the difference of almost 200k you get a luxurious, sporty, comfort and feature packed car compared to a plain mustang gt. at the end of the day the f-sport is the smarter and better choice, yes you get more attention in a mustang but you get a lot more than attention on the f-sport.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    we v-boxed the is350 f-sport and we were surprised that it was faster than the STi. in the track you'd be more confident with an STi but the f-sport is really amazing, i'd say with a pro driver behind the wheel he'll be faster on the f-sport than on the STi. i'm just not a big fan of how it looks, there's too much going on the front end for me.
    What did you get? Around six seconds flat to 100 km/h, or did you do 0-60 mph?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    If your friend is not yet in his 40s then he might still enjoy the unrefined feeling of true sport and performance cars in the form of the mustang gt and the sti.

Id only go for the mustang if it had a stick shift, but then again it doesnt so the sti is the 'more' driver engaging car which makes the whole experience of a performance car fullfilling

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Headturner the Mustang may be but I would leaning more on the WRX STi. For the same amount of money, a car with a good blend of power and grace and luxury will be another option - Lexus IS350F or IS350F Sport.
    Here, they're not at the same price bracket.

Most expensive of the three would be the IS 350 F Sport all options at $57,800 = P2.3M. Second would be the STi which is $49,500 = P1.98M and the most cheapest (not really) would be the Mustang GT at only $40,200 = P1.6M.

Then again, i wouldn't know how they markup imported cars there in the PH so they might cost all the same when landed.

If I would to choose among the 3, i'd get the STi because i'm just leaving my 20s this year. If I was 5-10 years older, i'd get the Mustang for the V8 feel (and unnecessary gas expense) but if i'm around 40-50 right now, i'd get the IS350 Fsport in a heartbeat.

For comparison, here's their HP and tq:

Mustang GT - 420hp 390tq
    WRX STi - 305hp 290tq
    IS350 Fsport - 306hp 277tq

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Im personally biased towards the all new mustang . V8 with paddle shifters please. But since that isnt available yet, the lexus would do just fine.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    my friend is 28 yrs old...i have a mustang gt so i let him test drive..he actually liked it ..but the thing is its an out going model already...so thats why he wants to check the 2015 sti since its all new...except for the engine i guess they did not change it same as the previous model....and he was checking reviews on you tube ...most of the reviews are really good for the 2015 sti...regarding the is350 fsport... i guess he doesn't really like the way it look..sabi niya mas maganda padaw itsura ng mazda 6 at honda accord ....the car would not be his daily ride since may montero na siya....so it would probably be his coding car and weekend ride

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast