New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I have a 2014 Elantra with 250,000km+ no aircon issues. no engine and transmission issues. suspension and brakes are good too.

if reliability is number 1 concern, go with a toyota.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn_06 View Post
    Thanks sa inputs.For me kasi, I like the looks of the new Elantra. Big question for me yung "reliability". I checked out quickly ung thread kaso wala atang ngpost na member. For the Sylphy, conseravtive looks and so far wala namang major issue na namention sa thread. I tried to ask some friends and they advised vios over the two compact car.
    Look for an Altis instead. The Vios fares less against these compacts. Maybe on the reliability side, the Vios has an edge but overall, compact cars are better built than subcompact cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I have a 2014 Elantra with 250,000km+ no aircon issues. no engine and transmission issues. suspension and brakes are good too.

Wow 250k km in 4 years! Saan niyo po dinadala yang Elantra niyo hehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Yung previous model of Elantra? Same din ata yung ginamit na engine and transmission kaya that's good to hear. Target ko ung 2015 up (current model).

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

5. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    I had a 2015 Altis and replaced it with the new Innova. I want to try sana other brands like Nissan or Hyundai and just stick with 550k max. May mga nakita na ko kaso heavily used na and haven't asked if atleast casa maintained. Pero between the two compacts, which do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Look for an Altis instead. The Vios fares less against these compacts. Maybe on the reliability side, the Vios has an edge but overall, compact cars are better built than subcompact cars.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstealyourgirl View Post
    Wow 250k km in 4 years! Saan niyo po dinadala yang Elantra niyo hehe

my clients are well spread out in a certain region .. im an md. drug mule [emoji28]
    jk
    Last edited by StockEngine; April 8th, 2018 at 08:39 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn_06 View Post
    I had a 2015 Altis and replaced it with the new Innova. I want to try sana other brands like Nissan or Hyundai and just stick with 550k max. May mga nakita na ko kaso heavily used na and haven't asked if atleast casa maintained. Pero between the two compacts, which do you recommend?
    Before you decide on those 2 cars, I guess the biggest question to ask is what do you want most in a car. Those two might not meet your key requirements.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Performance wise I guess parehas lang. Sa looks, Elantra because of sporty and a bit elegant look compared to slyphy which is more formal or matured. So, I think comfort, reliability and better fuel consumption. Although some of my friends advised to just stick with the Japanese brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Before you decide on those 2 cars, I guess the biggest question to ask is what do you want most in a car. Those two might not meet your key requirements.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    comfort.. maybe the nissan cabin will be quieter and the suspension is more lux..

reliability.. im not sure about the cvt... how many years do you plan to keep this?

fc.. both should be the same.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would choose the Nissan for reliability

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast