New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi, Fellow Tsikoteers.

Im currently in search of a not so new ride for me and wife. My choices are the 2015 Sportage CRDI and 2014 Everest 4x2 since almost same price lang sila sa market.

Most of the time kami lang ni wife ang pasahero though minsan kasama ang in-laws sa mga out of town trips. I'll also use the vehicle on our small business ( pet supplies).

I've heard na meron daw issue sa airconditioning system ang Sportage. Hope someone can enlighten me on this.
    How about the Everest? May known issue ba sila? Sabi nila mahal daw parts ng Ford pero i know where to source for parts since i previously owned an Escape.

Btw, im also open to other suggestions basta its within my budget (600k).

Thank you again and stay safe everyone.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you only space for 5 people or less, then go with the Sportage. If you need seats for 7 people, get the Everest or maybe a Sorento.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the suggestion sir. A friend of mine discouraged me from getting a sportage since mahirap daw makakuha ng parts ng Kia, tama po ba?

It will be my first time to own a korean brand if ever kaya i dont know what to expect in terms of maintenance and reliablity.

On the Everest, kamusta po ang performance compared to a Montero or Fortuner?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sadly some Korean parts are not that easy to source. Yun naging challenge namin sa 2010 Sorento.

Pareho pareho lang yan Everest or Montero or Fortuner (PPVs) in terms of performance. The 5-seater (Sportage/Tucson) or 7-seater (Sorento/Santa Fe) Korean crossovers will offer better performance over the PPVs but the PPVs are better for utility tasks. If you want much better performance and handling from a utility vehicle, get a Forester XT or a CX5 (2.5 gas or 2.2 turbo diesel).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    As much as i want the XT, its way above my budget sir.

With a 600k budget, what other brands/models would you suggest?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    As much as i want the XT, its way above my budget sir.

With a 600k budget, what other brands/models would you suggest?
    Check online for 2013 models. SJ platform (2013-2018) platform na ito.

Keep on looking online for good deals. I guess that 600k you can get a CUV or PPV. No need to rush.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    In terms of maintenance, would you guys know which is cheaper to maintain?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In terms of maintenance, would you guys know which is cheaper to maintain?
    Diesel vehicles can be more expensive to maintain compared to gas vehicles. However, diesel is more frugal so there’s a trade off.

The Sportage is not as common as the Everest so there is a likelier chance that a broken major part may be harder to source locally. The Everest shares its engine, tranny, and platform with the Ranger.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Hi, Fellow Tsikoteers.

Im currently in search of a not so new ride for me and wife. My choices are the 2015 Sportage CRDI and 2014 Everest 4x2 since almost same price lang sila sa market.

Most of the time kami lang ni wife ang pasahero though minsan kasama ang in-laws sa mga out of town trips. I'll also use the vehicle on our small business ( pet supplies).

I've heard na meron daw issue sa airconditioning system ang Sportage. Hope someone can enlighten me on this.
    How about the Everest? May known issue ba sila? Sabi nila mahal daw parts ng Ford pero i know where to source for parts since i previously owned an Escape.

Btw, im also open to other suggestions basta its within my budget (600k).

Thank you again and stay safe everyone.
    Get a previous gen CX5 or CRV. Rav4 sana but these tend to be overpriced as f*** by sellers.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mag kia sorento ka na lang. Meron 2013/14/15 sorento na 600k, maybe even less. Tawaran mo. Remember buyers' market ngayon, wala masyado bumibili ng 2nd hand cars kaya pwede mo baratin. Huwag ka mahiya tumawad, pera mo yan e.

As per kia parts madami naman yan. Also sa sorento common ang parts with hyundai santa fe. Madami kia/hyundai oarts dealers.

Huwag ka mag ford everest. Sasakit ulo mo. Promise. Ako binenta ko na yung everest ko bago pa mag 3 years.

Former owner of 2012 sorento here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast