New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sirs/Madame,

Since then.. meron na po akong topic dati about the retain/upgrade/update.

Finally..

Yung Ermats ko...

Decide na kumuha ng SUV...

Nag scout na po ako lahat ng Exclusive SUV (LC150/200/Y62/BK)

2nd quarter pa naman ng 2019, (Due to indent order[6 months ang max. time])

Ang tanong ko lang po??

Anu po dapat gawin ko??

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Sirs/Madame,

Finally..

Yung Ermats ko...

Ang tanong ko lang po??

Anu po dapat gawin ko??

errr... i do not understand your question, po.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sirs/Madame,

Finally..

Yung Ermats ko...

Ang tanong ko lang po??

Anu po dapat gawin ko??

How much is your budget? What are your priorities?

If money is no object, I'd definitely suggest the LC200. Get the Dubai version even. Though if the Dubai version is stretching it too much, the Premium variant has most of the kit included. Not to mention the sizeable price decrease thanks to the TRAIN law.

The BK is going the way of the dodo now, and pretty much everything it can do, the Montero can also do, and probably do better even.

Same goes for the LC150 and the Fortuner. The current Fortuner even has the better engine.

Y62 is great if you don't mind the gas bills. 400hp! Would you look at that! Someone who feels at home with an Expedition will definitely like it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr... i do not understand your question, po.
    Pasensya na po medyo late reply po dito sa topic thread na ito

Sir dr. d

Medyo vague po ang question ko po dito,

Instead of 2 vehicles (van & pvv suv) halos di rin naman po nagkakalayo yung price differences,

1 Exclusive SUV na po..

Saka ang father ko po, merong vertigo at senior na, sanay sa M/T.. marunong po sa AT, pero bihira mag-drive ng AT, kasi inaantok po sya.

Due to space garage..

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    How much is your budget? What are your priorities?

If money is no object, I'd definitely suggest the LC200. Get the Dubai version even. Though if the Dubai version is stretching it too much, the Premium variant has most of the kit included. Not to mention the sizeable price decrease thanks to the TRAIN law.

The BK is going the way of the dodo now, and pretty much everything it can do, the Montero can also do, and probably do better even.

Same goes for the LC150 and the Fortuner. The current Fortuner even has the better engine.

Y62 is great if you don't mind the gas bills. 400hp! Would you look at that! Someone who feels at home with an Expedition will definitely like it.

Sir GTi,

Between LC150 V6 & Y62, Go na po sa Y62, sadly kung merong lang crawl control ang LC150 V6, panalo na po ito.
    (complete features)

Kung diesel version, naka GD lang ang LC150, at merong crawl control ang AT at 6speed.. Good na po ito.

Anytime, Get the MT version, since lack of amenities naman... mas mababa ang pricing at yung long term maintenance.

Priorities: Drop 2 vehicles, (currently merong 2 vehicles ngayon) Get 1 vehicle, Paupahan ang mga nabiling parking slot sa condo..

Budget: Loan naman po ito, 1.8M ang DP.. (unlike sa real-estate[condo in 2013-2014], pwede i-stretch out ang DP at yung remaining balance to approve sa bank at least 80% percent)

kasi hindi naman pwede mag-baloon/lump sum sa sasakyan..

And depreciated value ang sasakyan..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the intended driver is an oldster, perhaps a sedan is the better choice? they usually offer a more comfortable ride and drive.

if the intended passenger is an oldster, perhaps a sedan, which is easier to get into and out of, is a better choice than the higher suvs.

my opinion.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 30th, 2018 at 01:42 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Pasensya na po medyo late reply po dito sa topic thread na ito

Sir dr. d

Medyo vague po ang question ko po dito,

Instead of 2 vehicles (van & pvv suv) halos di rin naman po nagkakalayo yung price differences,

1 Exclusive SUV na po..

Saka ang father ko po, merong vertigo at senior na, sanay sa M/T.. marunong po sa AT, pero bihira mag-drive ng AT, kasi inaantok po sya.

Due to space garage..

Sir GTi,

Between LC150 V6 & Y62, Go na po sa Y62, sadly kung merong lang crawl control ang LC150 V6, panalo na po ito.
    (complete features)

Kung diesel version, naka GD lang ang LC150, at merong crawl control ang AT at 6speed.. Good na po ito.

Anytime, Get the MT version, since lack of amenities naman... mas mababa ang pricing at yung long term maintenance.

Priorities: Drop 2 vehicles, (currently merong 2 vehicles ngayon) Get 1 vehicle, Paupahan ang mga nabiling parking slot sa condo..

Budget: Loan naman po ito, 1.8M ang DP.. (unlike sa real-estate[condo in 2013-2014], pwede i-stretch out ang DP at yung remaining balance to approve sa bank at least 80% percent)

kasi hindi naman pwede mag-baloon/lump sum sa sasakyan..

And depreciated value ang sasakyan..
    Does your father live in Metro Manila? The way I understand it, you need the vehicle to function as both a van and an SUV meaning you will be utilizing the 3rd row a lot. Perhaps you can try them out personally to see if they will fit your needs.

If you have concerns with regards to depreciation, perhaps the best option is to get a diesel Toyota. Gasoline SUV prices drop like a bomb and are often hard to sell when the time comes. Just look at the price difference between gas and diesel Pajeros, Fortuners, LC90 Prados even.

I don't think your choices have MT variants locally besides the Prado, which is ridiculously expensive for what is essentially a glorified Fortuner no thanks to not being included in JPEPA and excise tax increases. With regards to maintenance cost, we have been using automatics predominantly for decades with a manual coming by here and there. Never really felt the lower maintenance cost of the manual. In fact clutch replacement is very expensive. Meanwhile in the same amount of time, the automatic will have done just a fluid change.

If you don't mind the FC, I suppose the Y62 is comfortable, capable and spacious, without the diesel clatter inherent in the LC200.

Is your father an avid off roader? We have a Dubai LC200 which has crawl control along with KDSS and lots of other acronyms... It has never been used. Never even been off the road in fact. From PPV based SUV to Exclusive SUV?

Not considering an Alphard? No less power than the LC150 V6. Superior interior space and ride comfort without being much bigger than a large SUV dimensionally. Besides not being capable off road, it is an excellent vehicle which is apparently Pia Wurtzbach's first brand new vehicle. From PPV based SUV to Exclusive SUV?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if the intended driver is an oldster, perhaps a sedan is the better choice? they usually offer a more comfortable ride.

if the intended passenger is an oldster, perhaps a sedan, which is easier to get into and out of, is a better choice than the higher suvs.
    Sir dr. d,

Meron po kaming sub-compact sedan (vios), pero mas sanay sya sa toyota revo, 10yrs po nya ito maneho, then aquire montero in 2014 and vios 2015,

Dalawa lang po kami ng erpats ko ang nagmamaneho,

Mas kampante po sya sa mas mataas na sasakyan, kahit yung mother ko, (bagyong milyeno at ondoy)

yung time na kumuha ng sedan, ilang buwan po ito na-drive ng erpats ko, at umayaw na..

Ermats ko po, mas practical ang sedan, pero natatagtagan na po sya. ayaw din po ng sedan.

Camry or Accord ang choices,

yung time na dumating ang bagyong ondoy (2009[wala pa pong AoG insurance during that time]), maraming client ni ermats po ang nagkaroon ng problema at bigay ng advise sa kanya na wag bumili nang ganayang sasakyan..

mid-to-high clearance ground and dapat i-purchase..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Does your father live in Metro Manila? The way I understand it, you need the vehicle to function as both a van and an SUV meaning you will be utilizing the 3rd row a lot. Perhaps you can try them out personally to see if they will fit your needs.

If you have concerns with regards to depreciation, perhaps the best option is to get a diesel Toyota. Gasoline SUV prices drop like a bomb and are often hard to sell when the time comes. Just look at the price difference between gas and diesel Pajeros, Fortuners, LC90 Prados even.

I don't think your choices have MT variants locally besides the Prado, which is ridiculously expensive for what is essentially a glorified Fortuner no thanks to not being included in JPEPA and excise tax increases. With regards to maintenance cost, we have been using automatics predominantly for decades with a manual coming by here and there. Never really felt the lower maintenance cost of the manual. In fact clutch replacement is very expensive. Meanwhile in the same amount of time, the automatic will have done just a fluid change.

If you don't mind the FC, I suppose the Y62 is comfortable, capable and spacious, without the diesel clatter inherent in the LC200.

Is your father an avid off roader? We have a Dubai LC200 which has crawl control along with KDSS and lots of other acronyms... It has never been used. Never even been off the road in fact. From PPV based SUV to Exclusive SUV?

Not considering an Alphard? No less power than the LC150 V6. Superior interior space and ride comfort without being much bigger than a large SUV dimensionally. Besides not being capable off road, it is an excellent vehicle which is apparently Pia Wurtzbach's first brand new vehicle. From PPV based SUV to Exclusive SUV?

Sir GTi,

NCR po ako lumaki, pero ang parents ko, purely visayas region po..

After the yolanda po, in 2013, Pumunta sila doon after the disaster 2 weeks after ma-clear yung mga water and mud/saka yung mga cadavers, sa kalsada

Sundo po sila ng uncle at auntie ko ng pick-up na 4x2.. Luckily, all of our relatives are safe.

In 2014, hanap po si mother ng SUV, gusto po ng parents ko, is the FJ, since ang gas during that time is nasa 52pesos pa at yung diesl, nasa 48pesos..

Instead of Getting the FJ, Montero 4x4 MT ang kinuha po namin, at ako po ang namili during that time..

Ang point po kasi, once you buy the SUV, get the full package.. (4x4) amenity at insurance po ito lalo kung off-road condition,
    and unexpected road condition(s)

Since galing kami sa toyota revo (AUV) RWD, 10yrs..

Yes, isa rin po ang considered sa alphard, kasi nakita ko na po ito at nasakayan personally, 3.5 version at 6speed AT.

and pinaka-big-cons lang talaga, yung leather is beige, saka yung mga early chinese/korean na nag-rent ng mga condo/hotel sa pasay.. (near MOA) (oriental-group)

madaling mag-stain sa hindi basta-basta natatangal yung amoy ng pagkain or even the bad odor ng body ng certain passenger(s)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sir GTi,

NCR po ako lumaki, pero ang parents ko, purely visayas region po..

After the yolanda po, in 2013, Pumunta sila doon after the disaster 2 weeks after ma-clear yung mga water and mud/saka yung mga cadavers, sa kalsada

Sundo po sila ng uncle at auntie ko ng pick-up na 4x2.. Luckily, all of our relatives are safe.

In 2014, hanap po si mother ng SUV, gusto po ng parents ko, is the FJ, since ang gas during that time is nasa 52pesos pa at yung diesl, nasa 48pesos..

Instead of Getting the FJ, Montero 4x4 MT ang kinuha po namin, at ako po ang namili during that time..

Ang point po kasi, once you buy the SUV, get the full package.. (4x4) amenity at insurance po ito lalo kung off-road condition,
    and unexpected road condition(s)

Since galing kami sa toyota revo (AUV) RWD, 10yrs..

Yes, isa rin po ang considered sa alphard, kasi nakita ko na po ito at nasakayan personally, 3.5 version at 6speed AT.

and pinaka-big-cons lang talaga, yung leather is beige, saka yung mga early chinese/korean na nag-rent ng mga condo/hotel sa pasay.. (near MOA) (oriental-group)

madaling mag-stain sa hindi basta-basta natatangal yung amoy ng pagkain or even the bad odor ng body ng certain passenger(s)
    Oh so that is why you can properly enjoy a manual! How I wish we can have traffic conditions like you do in the provinces.

I used to drive a Revo too. A 2001 GLX diesel. It was my daily driver from 2011-2016. I logged around 50k kms on it. Very practical car. Good for hauling 10-12 passengers, moving house, light off roading, hood level floods... Sadly they don't make cars that way anymore.

Hindi ko nagets yung part na Chinese/Korean na nagrerent. Are you buying a used Alphard? Or will you be renting it out to them?

If you really like the car but are deterred by the beige leather, have you considered reupholstery? I once inquired at G Spot Upholstery's Facebook page for our Dubai LC200 which had that dratted beige leather. I was given an estimate of 45k for genuine leather seat reupholstery plus 13k for the sidings and was told that it would take about a week to finish. I was actually expecting it to be a lot more than that and was pleasantly surprised.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Everest titanium and new Grand Santa Fe beats all those dated exclusive suvs Dami mo pa savings. never buy into the hype. If they want to feel excluisive, then let them be. Exclude us who want 2019 technology and design cars.

To me them cars like are buying the most expensive gold plated blackberry , in the age of touchscreen smartphones.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast