New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Labo naman nyan. Yung Accord ko, net weight is at 1050 tapos gross weight at 1760. Hula-hula na lang ba yung LTO sa category nung kotse?

Mods - OT na ata discussion na eto, better kung maging separate thread.

TS - nakapili ka na ba?
    Last edited by Egan101; November 10th, 2014 at 08:25 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Just to add. The altis is already considered as a midsize sedan. Registration costs a lot more.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app
    imho.... it is still considered as a compact sedan....

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    imho.... it is still considered as a compact sedan....
    It is, apparently LTO thinks otherwise.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    ^^^ Labo naman nyan. Yung Accord ko, net weight is at 1050 tapos gross weight at 1760. Hula-hula na lang ba yung LTO sa category nung kotse?

Mods - OT na ata discussion na eto, better kung maging separate thread.

TS - nakapili ka na ba?

Hindi pa sir, still doing my homework between 2 cars.

Yeah I think the LTO issue deserves a thread. Mukang madaming nalilito about it eh, para mas madami makaalam sa topic na yun.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I own the current-gen Altis 1.6G AT, and unfortunately, I find my CRV cheaper to maintain than the Toyota. Because Honda only requires me to have the PMS every 10,000kms. While Toyota every 5,000kms. I just had my first PMS at Toyota C5 and it cost me almost 7k. My friend who had his CRV do the 10,000kms PMS mentioned that he only paid around 5k. The first 1,000kms too was free in Honda, while in Toyota, we had to pay for the parts already.

Another thing, we get discounts for being honda club members at honda marcos highway, while in Toyota even though I had been a longtime admin for RAV4clubph, not a single centavo of discount from them.

1st PMS * 7K?? Omg... I was expecting around 4K-5K per PMS avg or more if matagal na.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by francais View Post
    1st PMS * 7K?? Omg... I was expecting around 4K-5K per PMS avg or more if matagal na.
    Ano unit mo sir? Altis or city?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tjanteam View Post
    Ano unit mo sir? Altis or city?
    I was referring to sir Sientobente's Altis sir.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Just to give a short review on the Altis.
    +
    1. Offers better fuel consumption than the previous model(9.1 vs 8.8kms/liter) mixed driving conditions
    2. Cvt transmission is more responsive. I feel the 2010 version is sluggish.
    3. Rear Leg space is at par or even better than the City. But shoulder space is wider.
    4. Gauges look better with the new optitron lighting, the 2010 altis 1.6G does not have this

-
    1. Small square footage on the windshield. Offers less visibility
    2. Small side mirrors . Again offers less visibility but was probably made for aesthetics or aerodynamics
    3. Beige interiors are not for everyone
    4. I like the previous steering wheel better than the current one. The current one looks cheap where it seemed like they just punctured holes on it to add buttons.

I can't speak on the City, since the most I have used the City was to seat on it in a showroom when I was getting my CRV. But I like the hightech toys it has, and the driving position feels better than my Altis. It has an engaging feel.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Just to give a short review on the Altis.
    +
    1. Offers better fuel consumption than the previous model(9.1 vs 8.8kms/liter) mixed driving conditions
    2. Cvt transmission is more responsive. I feel the 2010 version is sluggish.
    3. Rear Leg space is at par or even better than the City. But shoulder space is wider.
    4. Gauges look better with the new optitron lighting, the 2010 altis 1.6G does not have this

-
    1. Small square footage on the windshield. Offers less visibility
    2. Small side mirrors . Again offers less visibility but was probably made for aesthetics or aerodynamics
    3. Beige interiors are not for everyone
    4. I like the previous steering wheel better than the current one. The current one looks cheap where it seemed like they just punctured holes on it to add buttons.

I can't speak on the City, since the most I have used the City was to seat on it in a showroom when I was getting my CRV. But I like the hightech toys it has, and the driving position feels better than my Altis. It has an engaging feel.
    Thank you so much for the information sir.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your usual FC on Altis city driving, moderate to heavy traffic. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    9.1kms/liter on a traffic that runs around an average speed of 12 to 15kmh. It goes up to 11km/liter at around 20 to 30kmh.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast