New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Nissan PH would have made great leaps if they introduced the new Xtrail with a diesel engine. Since they opted for a petrol engine, they are facing tough competition. It may have a 3rd row seat, mainly for use for children as even normal-sized adults are having a hard time fitting in bigger vehicles like the Santa Fe, Sorento, Montero Sport, Fortuner, etc. I guess the Forester 2.0L is still the best buy among the CUV's as it is already AWD with a decent powerplant for around 1.4M.
    The diesel 1.6 xtrail is euro5 compliant. Our diesel fuels are still euro2. Hence nissan will not introduce a diesel anytime soon. However nissan is still testing a 2.0 diesel powerplant for southeast asian market.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When Euro 4 is mandated for all local stations in 2016 Mazda will hopefully bring in their Skyactiv-Ds.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I will go with the X-trail it can seat seven people
    and naaadjust yung 2nd row para to give ample space at
    the back 2.0 4x2 cost 1.3M pinagpipilaan ko naman X-trail or Mu-x

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I will go with the X-trail it can seat seven people
    and naaadjust yung 2nd row para to give ample space at
    the back 2.0 4x2 cost 1.3M pinagpipilaan ko naman X-trail or Mu-x
    kung mas madalas gamitin ang 3rd rows better to go with MU-X instead

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post
    kung mas madalas gamitin ang 3rd rows better to go with MU-X instead
    The 3rd row seats are only for life and death situations. We all know Xtrail is only meant for seating 5 people. Think of the 3rd row as a clean compartment for putting clothes, pillows, bags, and in some youtube reviews, in-laws. Dirty items can be placed on the cargo floor. The true 7 seater is the Pathfinder but I'm not expecting a comfortable seating in its 3rd row either.

People who have test drove the new Xtrail said that the CVT is responsive already and the rubbery feel is gone.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I read up a bit more on the differences between the 2013 Rogue and the newest model on Edmunds. The site confirmed that the 2013 Rogue actually has the sportier performance with more nimble handling and (probably) better acceleration than the current Rogue. It backed up what my wife already observed during her test drives.

She also liked the "baby Murano" styling of the older Rogue.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 27th, 2014 at 08:37 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I read up a bit more on the differences between the 2013 Rogue and the newest model on Edmunds. The site confirmed that the 2013 Rogue actually has the sportier performance with more nimble handling and (probably) better acceleration than the current Rogue. It backed up what my wife already observed during her test drives.

She also liked the "baby Murano" styling of the older Rogue.
    edit: nakita ko na pala, nagskip pala tayo ng isang generation, yung pre-facelift
    Last edited by Louie Anson Ng; October 28th, 2014 at 07:04 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'll only comment on the looks. Comparing front ends the Xtrail looks better. With the rear end the CX-5. If you don't mind a firmer ride I'd also consider the base Forester. Para lalo kang malito, hehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Compared to mazda mas ok ba after sales ng nissan? Although the yojin package is really tempting..

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    For me the third row seats of nissan is just a bonus..kung masikip e di wag mo gamitin, pero andiyan lang kung kinakailangan. e yung kalaban nga niya wala e.. nilait mo pa yung 3rd row ng meron..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast