New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    My cousin is asking me if which of the two ang mas better choice than the other. With discounts, the altis 1.6G M/T ay same price lang if not a bit lower that the new vios 1.5e M/T. I too am planning to get a 1.3 vios mt sa dec. Napaisip tuloy ako sa sinabi nya. Kaya lang namin naisip altis is bec of the discounts ngayon for the current gen.

Im not really sure kung mas durable and altis over the vios given na well maintained naman over the years, or mas prestige lang ang dating kpag altis ka ... i dunno cuz i have'nt owned one yet nor driven any if the two cars. Syempre isip nya is fuel efficiencg 50% hwy and 50% city driving sya, durability in the long run, and syempre resale value in the future. MT talaga gusto namin parehas na variant. Opinions sir will be very much appriciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I have to buy now... I would choose the VIOS.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I would go with the Altis.

The only edge that the Vios has over the Altis is that it's newer. But that's just me. The current Altis just moves like a much bigger car. Which is a plus factor for me, yet is very efficient in its ways.

But I suggest you test drive and feel what you want better.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it depends on you.

would you prefer a smaller but newer car with better fuel efficiency or
    a tested bigger and more powerful car, but older.

personally, i would prefer the latter....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was in this situation back in 2007; the new Vios was just intro'd while they we're winding down the production of the 9.5 generation Altis. I could get either a 1.6L Altis J at a good discount or a 1.3E/1.5G new Vios. I decided on the Altis due to it's being a bigger car overall and you'd still see better interior material quality over the Vios when you take it apart.

RIght now, unless you really value fuel efficiency, i'd most likely still get the current gen 10.5 Altis (1.6L, bigger space, better comfort and a 6-speed m/t). The 1.6E gets around 9-10km/L in the city with my daily use. Mix city-highway is around 11++ while majority highway gets me 14+.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I would go with the Altis.

The only edge that the Vios has over the Altis is that it's newer. But that's just me. The current Altis just moves like a much bigger car. Which is a plus factor for me, yet is very efficient in its ways.

But I suggest you test drive and feel what you want better.
    Appriciate the input guys. Havent driven any of them yet except for company car 1.3 vios j manual na 2005 nabili 2nd hand. But nakasakay nako on the altis. Parang mas malaki altis sa tingin ko interior wise... and mas sturdy and durable ang altis "opinion ko lang po", no ill intentions or discrimination to vios owners, on the other hand naka pasok nako sa new vios showroom nga lang and it really looks good specially the black interior, test drive nalang kulang. Para saakin 60% vios ang mas pabor ako sa ngayon, but napapaisip lang ako dito sa altis baka mas sulit ako in the long run tipong 5 -10yrs bago ibenta hehehehe.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    +1 on the Altis

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    in case i have the money and have the luxary to foot for the gas bill, i would go for the altis.

i am happy with my vios by the way.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    +1 on altis

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    laki difference nang 2nd row nang altis vs vios..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast