New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    All 3rd row seats of the vehicles you mentioned are cramped.

If you go offroading or travel on unpaved roads a lot, get the Patrol.
    If not, get the Pajero. Not that the Pajero is less of an offroading vehicle than the Patrol.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    All 3rd row seats of the vehicles you mentioned are cramped.

If you go offroading or travel on unpaved roads a lot, get the Patrol.
    If not, get the Pajero. Not that the Pajero is less of an offroading vehicle than the Patrol.
    Mas matibay lang yung underchassis ng solid axle as compared to independent front and rear suspension. Pero comfort wise, iba parin and independent front and rear suspension.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
    would you recommend the pajero/patrol over the sorrento 4WD? I really like the sorento if not for the fact that its 3rd seat are quite cramped. Space does really matter to us kasi I have 3 Teenagers 5'6"-5'8" and one 10 year old kid. of course you cant expect my boys to sit on the 3rd row and we always have two hitchhiker which our Maids. we cant really go out without them, kasi kelangan talaga sila, though at their towering height of 5'3" pwde na sila sa jumpseat.
    di kasya sa likod ng sorento ang boys mo. at mahirapan sila pagpasok/labas. although my sorento has no 3rd row seats i'm basing my answer on my former sta fe. the sorento has less 3rd row head space. gen2/gen2.5 santa fe pwede pa siguro pero sorento/gen3 sta fe di kasya. kasya bayaw ko sa gen2 sta fe, he's 5'10" and big, as in 210 pounds, pero sa sorento di kasya, mababa ang roof. nauuntog nga ako sa driver's side roof pag pumasok ako e and i'm 5'9", almost same height as your boys. so lalo na for sure sa 3rd row.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    di kasya sa likod ng sorento ang boys mo. at mahirapan sila pagpasok/labas. although my sorento has no 3rd row seats i'm basing my answer on my former sta fe. the sorento has less 3rd row head space. gen2/gen2.5 santa fe pwede pa siguro pero sorento/gen3 sta fe di kasya. kasya bayaw ko sa gen2 sta fe, he's 5'10" and big, as in 210 pounds, pero sa sorento di kasya, mababa ang roof. nauuntog nga ako sa driver's side roof pag pumasok ako e and i'm 5'9", almost same height as your boys. so lalo na for sure sa 3rd row.
    How Cramped? is it anything that would make you feel claustrophobic? because as much as possible i want all of us to be in one car when we travel para iwas pag-aalala. The Suv's i owned that you can use as a basis of comparison are the montero which my son uses as a school service and my prado which is on 22's so cant bring it to slightly muddy or unpaved road that my our business requires.

PS. This would be use as an everyday vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're good with the 3rd row seats of the Montero, then kasya ka na rin sa 3rd row ng Patrol and Pajero. These 2 SUVs will definitely have more headroom at the back compared to the Sorento.

For everyday use, the Pajero will be more economical than the Patrol. I average around 7km/li on my Patrol, while around 8km/li on my Pajero.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    May nakita akong Patrol nakadisplay sa mall, sa Trinoma ata yun d ko malala, ang ganda!

OT, sir parang naalala ko lang yung username mo so curious lang din, ano pala kinabagsakan ng desisyon na college car? I remember yan ang threaad mo before ang choices mo were Fiesta, Jazz, Lancer, pati Focus ata.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As regards the Patrol's ride, would OME shocks and springs help? I have a friend with the Patrol (the model after the Safari and prior to the Super Safari), and he was very happy with the ride once he replaced the shocks with Tough Dogs. He's now on a Sorento, but then that's a whole new level of ride comfort.

For as hulking as the Patrol is on the outside, it's not as spacious as I would have expected it to be inside. Have you test ridden both?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    As regards the Patrol's ride, would OME shocks and springs help? I have a friend with the Patrol (the model after the Safari and prior to the Super Safari), and he was very happy with the ride once he replaced the shocks with Tough Dogs. He's now on a Sorento, but then that's a whole new level of ride comfort.

For as hulking as the Patrol is on the outside, it's not as spacious as I would have expected it to be inside. Have you test ridden both?
    I've tried OMEs and Bilsteins on my Patrol before. Even changed the springs to TJM. Still rode like a truck.

True, the Pajero's interior is a lot more spacious than the Patrol's. But the Patrol's second row can seat four medium sized adults in comfort because of its width.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyds View Post
    May nakita akong Patrol nakadisplay sa mall, sa Trinoma ata yun d ko malala, ang ganda!

OT, sir parang naalala ko lang yung username mo so curious lang din, ano pala kinabagsakan ng desisyon na college car? I remember yan ang threaad mo before ang choices mo were Fiesta, Jazz, Lancer, pati Focus ata.
    what did you see. Safari or Royale?

yes that was a query for my son, convinced him to just used the Montero since he is in a flood prone area but made me promise to him to purchase a t86 as long as supply stabilized not bad since Gta is almost at 1.3 while the 86 is at 1.5.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    How do you comapare the ride of Nissan Patrol 4XPRO with Fortuner?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast