New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyweapon View Post
    I haven't seen the Chevy Spin but had bad experience with Chevy as a brand before. Isn't the Spin same size as the Avanza? Maybe I'll pass by The Chevrolet dealership later...
    *basti08 ... I get what you mean and at the same time confused by it. Do you mean you like the Innova because you own one but secretly pining for the Montero Sport? And when you say it's perfect, as in, as a people mover but nothing else?

yep, almost same size as avanza.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Innova for me but in G trim. i can trade the captain seats and leather seats for additional seating capacity.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Not open to 2nd hand? You can get a good MS GLS-V or SF R e-VGT with your budget.

Another option would be the SWB Carnival. It's not as fuel efficient with the 2.9L engine, but is very roomy and comfortable.

As it is among the three. Honestly, if you're not very perceptive, the ride quality of the Innova and Montero are really not very far apart, both being ladder frame vehicles with double wishbone front and coil spring rear suspension. I find the Innova 2.5V to be less practical due to the captain seats on the 2nd row. If I'm looking for luxury, I would go for the Carnival, Starex or even Previa instead. If you're getting the Innova, I'd suggest you go for the 2.5G.

Personally, I'd go for the Montero. It is the biggest among the three, which means big stage presence. Turbo lag is very evident with this model, so it's best to get the manual. This way you'd get better gas mileage too.

The Carens is very nice, and is undoubtedly the fastest, best handling and most fuel efficient among the three. But being an all new model with an all new engine, I would be wary for any glitches that may present themselves.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    KIA Carnival SWB * 1.1M (new).

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Based on your criteria, get the Innova G variant. Forget the V variant since its less practical.

Innova is better than the Montero in terms of seating position and cabin space (for both passenger rows).

Innova has better ground clearance than Carens.

Depending on one's tastes, Innova is as plain jane anonymous as you can get. It has never been a looker since before.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    kaya Montero nalang sir ^_^

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Mahina A/C ng MS compared sa innova db?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    Mahina A/C ng MS compared sa innova db?
    That's the main gripe i have with the MS' that i have used (office vehicles). These are the GLX variants so i cannot comment on the VGT model if they have a different AC. Parang mahina yung blower.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    When you say mahina, how weak is weak? Compared to say a Nissan Sentra at full blast AC (na masakit sa balat sa sobrang lamig), let's peg it at 10 (1-10), what number would MS have?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    It's not that bad... Lumalamig din naman kahit paano, although it isn't quite as instantaneous like some others. I'd say around 7.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2013 Innova 2.5V or 2013 Carens LX AT or 2013 Mitsubishi Montero Sport non VGT GLX AT