New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Honestly, Thai model ang mas magandang tignan.

But that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairenceh View Post
    di ko gets yung thai vs japan? Anong pinagkaiba nun?
    This is the JDM CRV. Its no longer available. Notice the part of the bumper below license plate has a smooth slope and no protrusions.

This the THAI made CRV. Notice there is a skirt like protrusions on the space below the license plate. Uses a different mags.

In terms of appearance, I like the JDM CRV better. Minimalist front bumper and better looking mags.

=============================

Learn more about the features and performance of the JDM CRV (sadly no longer available and superseded by the THAI CRV).

2012 Honda CR-V 2.4L EX - Honest Car Reviews Philippines

Jack of All Traits | 2012 Honda CR-V 2.4L EX AT

===========================

More about the THAI CRV:

Honda serves 4 new Thai-made 2012 CR-V variants

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Honestly, Thai model ang mas magandang tignan.

But that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairenceh View Post
    di ko gets yung thai vs japan? Anong pinagkaiba nun?
    This is the JDM CRV. Its no longer available. Notice the part of the bumper below license plate has a smooth slope and no protrusions.

This the THAI made CRV. Notice there is a skirt like protrusions on the space below the license plate. Uses a different mags.

In terms of appearance, I like the JDM CRV better. Minimalist front bumper and better looking mags.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikProject View Post
    Based from your criteria, here are my thoughts:

Since reliability, durability, spaciousness and good looks/features are in your criteria, I think the current generation Subaru Forester 2.0XS would do. Motor Image is currently offering 150K discount on the Forester, so it's now at P1.2M. For that money, you get cruise control, sunroof, bluetooth audio, 6 airbags, AWD, speed sensing radio volume, HID, headlight washers, self leveling suspension, power folding mirrors w/ turn signal, auto dual climate control and a whole lot more you couldn't get from vehicles at this price range. (heck, these features could only be found in the Honda CRV 2.4EX AT, and that's P400,000 more!) Its looks age very well and it has a lot of space inside. Plus, the Forester is already a tried and tested CUV, so durability wise, I'm pretty sure it'd last you more than 5 years.

For the complaints you have with the FXS, I think it wouldn't be much of a problem. It's not really that much of a gas guzzler. Family just got one, and it gets 6km/L city driving. This is okay, considering that our diesel Starex gets 6-7km/L using the same route and a VGT Montero also gets the same mileage. As for the power, it's adequate and it does the job. It's not really underpowered; you could still overtake slower cars on the highway with ease, but it is not as fast as a Tucson or a CR-V. But I think it could keep up with a CX-5 and it's way faster than a Fortuner 2.5AT. (I haven't ridden or driven the new RAV4 yet, so I can't really compare this car to the others.)

The next on my list would be the CX-5. Why? Because it's really fuel efficient and it is fun to drive. It's 8-9km/L fuel consumption matches even 1.6L sedans, and it has good steering feedback. Sure, you may have woes about its reliability, but I don't think a car would win Japan's car of the year for 2012 (which beat the BRZ/86) and its engine wouldn't be included in Ward's top ten best engine if it wasn't reliable. I think this crossover is one of the best out there, and I think you'll have many happy moments behind the wheel of this CUV for many years to come.

Third on my list is a DIESEL R-eVGT Tucson. This CUV is a beast and would put all others to shame especially in the power and performance department. It'll easily reach 200km/h on the highway, and would get around 11-12km/L of diesel while doing so. Don't worry about the usual CRDi diesel problems people are pointing out here, because surprisingly, Hyundai diesels don't have as much problems as Toyota diesels. As for the under chassis problems, I think most cars would need to have their suspensions fixed/replaced after 100,000km, considering our bad roads.

Fourth on my list is the CRV 2.0S. It's a good looking CUV and has good features too. Trouble is, some of the CUV's seem to offer more for the buck. I mean, the FXS is cheap and has a lot of features (similar to that of the top of the line CRV), the CX-5 is so frugal and so much more fun to drive and the Tucson has a CRDi beast under its bonnet. But that's just my opinion.

Last on my list is the Fortuner. Before, there were many problems with the Fortuner's diesel, but this is all fixed now. But the Fortuner is still slow, bumpy and lacks features compared to the other vehicles here. But of course, if you plan to do a lot of off road driving, I think this would be best for you as its ladder-on-frame chassis would shine in places where there is no pavement.

For the RAV4, I couldn't comment on this one because I haven't ridden or driven one yet. But based on the comments on a number of forums, reviews from car magazines and from friends, the top of the line model ridiculously overpriced for the features it offers. Although it offers a nice driving position and it feels solid, I still think the other CUV's on your list offer much better value for money.
    Thanks for the insights bro.

I was fixed on Subaru Forester 2.0 but after reading the first few pages on this thread, I started re thinking and turned my attention to Tucson or CRV.

Do you happen to have driven an Alterra? Does Forester have better acceleration?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    good day to all,

was just wondering how the 2013 CRV 2.0S AT (Thai) would fare against the 2014 Forester 2.0 iL in terms of fuel consumption...

a local review from ************ suggests the 2014 Forester 2.0iL can go more than 15km/li on the highway (not sure about city-wise)

anyone with 2013 CRV 2.0S AT (Thai) care to share their fuel consumption experience? thanks so much.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I bought the crv awd Thai version for my wife, we really love it. Leather seats, hid, folding side mirrors, cruise control dual zone aircon. For 1.5m+ you really get a lot. My wife in particular loves the backup camera as it makes parking a whole lot easier for her. We also took it out of town, and did around 140-150 easy on sctex ( we didn't want to go any faster). Based on my experience around 10-12 kmh city driving, 6-7 in heavy traffic, 15-16 highway. The cabin is extremely quiet and the ride is very cushy and comfortable. When you connect your ipod to play songs it also displays the album art which i find cool. The steering is so light it feels weird at first, it takes getting used to, also I wish there were back up sensors to go with the camera. Our other choices were the Sta fe but for the price we could've just bought a ford explorer. The rav 4 we felt was kinda bare, and not worth 1.7 m (4x2 full option). My other car is a 2012 diesel pajero and I honestly enjoy the crv more as the pajero sometimes is tiring to drive. The only other car I would buy over the crv would be the new 4x4 forester which I test drove and is really really nice.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    thanks for the input paolodelac
    are you referring to the CRV 2.0S? thanks again!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    We bought the 2.4sx for the extra 150 you get awd, back up camera power folding side mirrors, a more powerful engine, nicer mags and some added safety features. Baka mabitin ka with the 2.0 engine.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    in that case, fuel consumption of the 2.4sx isn't that bad at all pala.. thanks again!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
2013 Honda CRV 2.0S or 2013 RAV4 or Forester 2.0XS