New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi guys - after careful consideration, including the advice of everyone in this thread, I have decided to get the Forester. Couldn't be happier that I've made a decision...I am hoping everything will turn out well.

When it came down to it, the only knock against the Forester for me was its being a gasoline car. But our car plan manager helped convince me that ok din lang naman ang gas cars and diesels have their own disadvantages. Plus piniga niya talaga ung Subaru I got a huge discount! Hehe.

If all goes well I should be getting my car by the middle of January, fixing the papers pa pero everyone's on leave now. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Congrats!!!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Congrats! You'll love it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Congrats! Times like this, the one who gives the bigger discount wins.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Will update when I've received the car na

Quote Originally Posted by gabster_26 View Post
    When it came down to it, the only knock against the Forester for me was its being a gasoline car
    As long as I like the Forester, Diesel is a magic word to me

But you had a good choice, due to the features and the Symmetrical AWD from the Forester. Some people bash longitudinally-mounted engines, but they usually end up leading to a more accurate handling...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Congrats! Don't fret too much about the diesel vs. gas thing unless you travel long distances. The Sportage mileage can drop to 6~7 km/L if stuck in heavy traffic, long idling and jack-rabbit starts. Sounds like what matters in this choice would be the best deal you can get for yourself

How I wish the Sportage had a sunroof din

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I have the car now (got it yesterday) and I love it. So far it seems quite fuel efficient, and it drives very well

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
2012 Subaru Forester 2.0 XS vs. 2013 Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi?