New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    whats your choice? hypothetical lang... lets say your keeping the car for about 15yrs...
    pros lc - bnew
    diesel.
    bigger
    maintenance
    easy to sell

pros cayenne - its a "porsche"

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'd still stick with the brand new LC. Sourcing the parts will be easier. It has proven itself in the most difficult conditions. There's also a reason why the UN, security companies, etc... all choose the LC.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maintenance will be cheaper in the medium term due to lower dealership rates. But in the long term, the cost of diesel replacement parts may equal it out... IF you eventually have the cars maintained outside.

But Porsche spares will always cost more.

The Cayenne has a better interior, is more comfortable, drives better, rides better and is quicker. The 08 isn't that great looking, but that's just a matter of taste.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andeehp View Post
    whats your choice? hypothetical lang... lets say your keeping the car for about 15yrs...
    pros lc - bnew
    diesel.
    bigger
    maintenance
    easy to sell

pros cayenne - its a "porsche"

15 years? Get the LC200. Grey market LC200 ah. And then if you feel somewhat short on power as compared to the Cayenne Turbo, you can mod it a bit. You get more durable internals, lower cost parts, cheaper maintenance, spectacular resale value and better fuel efficiency. That's seems to be a good compromise with the Cayenne's speed and comfort, no?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I don't like the looks of the Cayenne either.

Performance wise, the porsche wins.

Practicality wise, the Toyota takes the victory.

If I'm going to keep a car for 15 years, I'd take the one which has more parts outside. And whichever will be cheaper. Hence, I pick the 2012 Land Cruiser.

If you let's say plan to keep the car for just about 5 years, then no doubt I'd pick the Porsche. Why? You said it, it's a porsche.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    the cayenne is one of the greatest suv available in the market right now, but it's not the kind of suv that you'd want to own for more than 5 years. same goes with suv's of bmw,benz,volvo and new land rovers.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    2012 Land Cruiser wins my heart. Enough said.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LC 200. My 17 year old 80 is still a great daily driver.

Yung Porsche pang collector siguro pwede or kung weekend car.

200 series mapa Iraq o Afghanistan andun pa din, sugod lang!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    LC 200 pa rin, but I was never a fan of Porsches to start with.

I like the Cayenne but the LC200 has a better cost-effectiveness on the long run.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2012 lc200 vs 2008 cayenne turbo