New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go for the Swift. It looks better (personally), it has the better engine and its CBU Japan. I'm definitely not taking the Celerio. Another option I would like to recommend is the i10 1.2GLS A/T. It has much better performance than the Celerio and is also very fuel efficient and easy to drive.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually the i10 isn't all that fuel efficient by reading here in Tsikot. I can even match or surpass their fuel economy with my 1.5L Toyota Yaris...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
    White swift please. Then name it to Taylor :-)
    Sa tapang ng alternick mo...

softy ka din pala!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd go for the Swift. It looks better (personally), it has the better engine and its CBU Japan. I'm definitely not taking the Celerio. Another option I would like to recommend is the i10 1.2GLS A/T. It has much better performance than the Celerio and is also very fuel efficient and easy to drive.

+1 here plus sa safety raing na pinakita sa taas, IMO Swift na talaga.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    the all new swift will be coming this 3rd week of june, this will be all new with a more fuel efficient engine.
    you can easily wait for this since its only a month away.
    fyi, i was offered 75k discount for the old swift.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pero with a new Swift comes a new price... The old Swift only became relevant against the Celerio because of its fat discount...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    according to my sa they will be giving a hefty discount for the first batch of shipment,
    ika nga e para dumami agad sa daan, he also told me that there are approximately 8
    units left for the old stock ( silver color) and its priced to move....then again i really dont
    have any clue regarding the new price list.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ yun naman pala eh, baka same price lang for the first batch. * TS: act fast.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *super, but the all new Swift will come with a hiked price no?

*TS, my vote goes to the Swift mainly for safety reason like tidus mentioned

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    for the celerio, in my own view, It just right for your daughter since first time driver and lady driver pa,it is not so slow hindi rin naman ganoon katulin, it is enough for everday driving since lady driver naman siya, yung nga lang medyo mahina siya sa mga steep/uphills, due to 1.0 engine lang siya, pero kung wala naman masyado climbing spot e, pwede na to, fuel efficient, low-maintenance, cute, fun to drive, traffic economizer (sarap kasi isingit-signit kung saan-saan), comfort (pwede na rin), cheap maintenance parts, body repair is cheap maliit lang. CON is not quite good at long drives.

about the SWIFT, well..I pretty much appreciate it's power, since it is already in a SUB-COMPACT category (even though parang maliit parin yung kaha--hatch kasi e, saka magaan) with an enough engine displacement, quite durable than the celerio, climbing power is enough, speed, well--last year tried and harnessed a 175km/h (although kaya rin ng alto/celerio 'to) at STAR tollway, over-all a good car. CON is fuel efficiency is not so convincing...

if you have a budget go for the swift but for simplicity and economy go for the celerio, in the end of the day, sir, the decision is all yours and in your hands, I think what will you can give to your daughter, the celerio or the swift, for sure she will be happy and proud of it.

P.S there are so many choices around, GETZ CRDI, MAZDA 2, FORD FIESTA, KIA PICANTO and the all-time VIOS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2011 Swift A/T vs. 2011 Celerio A/T