New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi to all!

I'm already convinced that the Celerio is the best for my daughter who'll be turning 18 this August.
    ( use = Caloocan to Katipunan and back)

Last weekend, i happened to inquire about Swift's promo and today I received a text from an SA that they can give the Swift a 50k discount!

So on Cash basis:
    Swift = P 770-50 = P720k;

Celerio= P 569-10 = P 559k;

If the Free Insurance for the Swift is around P15k, then I'm seeing just a P 145k difference between the two.

My question is - Will I upgrade my choice and choose the Swift over the Celerio just for the P145k difference? Will it be worth it?
    Gaano kalaki impact nito sa gas and maintenance for the next 3 years? ( until my daughter graduates)

I know may halong luho na din ang tanong ko since my daughter will be more than happy with the Celerio...

Your inputs please, lalo na dun sa mismong meron ng Swift and or Celerio.

Thanks and Good Day to all!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    If you dont mind about gas consumption get the swift cbu japan yan not like celerio... originally celerio is maruti made in india.

I tested 1 of those celerios and found it sluggish on the a/t variant i dont know on the m/t. The engine vibrates a lot because of having 3 cylinders only. Safety features is fine it has airbags, EBD, and ABS.

But the celerio will keep running in 2-3 years with 145k considering your given daily route

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If you can afford the Swift I would definitely get that over a Celerio... Its not as fuel efficient though pero still I think its better...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Swift pa rin. The celerio is just like the younger brother of the swift.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    * TS, 3-0 in favor of swift so I guess alam mo na bibilhin.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    White swift please. Then name it to Taylor :-)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    4-1 na.

I'll choose celerio for this comparison. reason, FC and Cost. 145k is 145k. Dami mo na pwede gawin sa pera na yun. Also, di hamak na mas matipid ang celerio kumpara sa swift. and since Girl naman ang anak ni TS, di na niya kailangan ihataw yun. For the price kasi ng swift, pwede ka na mag Yaris or Fiesta, which IMO, mas matipid i-maintain in the long run. Celerio in pink would be better for a debutant. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suzuki Celerio.

Feels better than the Swift. Less of the claustrophobic feeling while seating in front.

Although slower in overall performance, driving within it's performance envelop is fun and 0-60kph acceleration is brisk. The dash is quirky-fun as well. Engine vibration is not as noticeable while driving this car normally, only when pushed to the engine's limit that you feel the vibrations.

Plus, it is thrifty on fuel.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Swift for me. It'll always be a looker (unlike the celerio) and when it comes to re-sale I think the swift will have the advantage because quite often it is the 'porma' category which is high up on a buyers checklist when it comes to looking for a second-hand hatch

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My arguments in favor of Swift...

How about safety? I mean its your daughter we are talking about, safety is #1. And the Swift is a 5 star Euro NCAP rating while the Suzuki Alto (Celerio locally because the old Alto is still being sold tayo na lang ata ang ganun) is a 3 star Euro NCAP rating...

http://www.euroncap.com/results/suzu.../2010/403.aspx

http://www.euroncap.com/results/suzuki/alto/362.aspx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2011 Swift A/T vs. 2011 Celerio A/T