New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    i know there an i10 vs Celerio thread already, but couldnt find anything on the 2011 Spark (launched..today)

any thoughts? very close price range.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Compute also maintenance and parts costs. Also, consider after-sales support of the dealers

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    hi!
    i'm also seriously considering buying between both cars...
    pls. help me decide between hyundai i10 and 2011 chevy spark...
    right now i think chevy spark is better in terms of how it looks and the security features as well
    pero need to consider the fc and the availability of the parts.

tnks in advance!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmm~ considering that the two are both of Korean descent with the Spark being made by GM Daewoo... The i10 would definitely have better after sales service, lower parts costs and more abundant parts supply. Its also got an A/T option if you prefer. However, when it comes to looks, the Autobot Spark is definitely the better looking one here. You may want to consider the new Kia Picanto as well.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    more abundant parts for i10? Don't think so. Last time I looked at banawe for i10 suspension parts. Ala pa raw. :D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Chevy Spark 2011 for me. It is has the best feature among all its competitor. Chevy have to improve its after sales service though.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For parts, you have to know where to look. Most shops don't have the proper parts, but some do.

The Spark has a bigger interior than the i10, but I think the i10's refinement is still much better. The Spark has better steering and a softer ride (supposedly the new i10 is only a facelift... older car was kind of stiff). The powerband of the 1.2 liter engine is weird, but fuel economy is pretty good. The i10's economy is good with the MT, too... less so with the AT... but acceptable.

Chevrolet is bringing in the AT Spark in 1.0... same price as the MT 1.2.

Personally, though, if you're thinking of spending 560k+ on a car, look at the Accent. I've heard some people have been able to get discount deals in addition to the already low 588k sticker price for the 1.4 MT. The Accent is damn huge compared to these micro-cars... Honda City huge on the inside, with even more elbow room.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    thanks guys for your inputs i really appreciate it and it will help me decide...i will also take a look at hyundai accent...

2011 Spark vs  2011 i10