New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Magkahawig dun sa kulay blue ng Civic ah! In fact magkahawig talaga ang itsura ng dalawa dun sa 2nd pic. Very nice car indeed sir! What do you think of its performance and gas mileage as compared to the Civic 1.8S?
    Too early to tell eh . . . wala pang 1000KM kaya naga-adjust pa lang sa driving habit ni misis . . . sa slight hataw mode, it can comfortably accelerate from 100KMH to 140KMH at an RPM below 3000. Pag relax driving naman around 80-90KMH uphill (to tagaytay), it can comfortably sprint (and overtake) at 100KMH, with ~1800RPM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    BTW, wife used to drive a 2010 Navara, usually around 120KMH Skyway and 160KMH Star Toll, so I'm not sure if her driving habits will be a good reference for Elantra's performance :-)

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    1. driving comfort - Civic
    2. fuel consumption - City / Civic
    3. easy to maintain (madali hanapin ang mga parts) - City / Civic
    4. value for money - City / Elantra
    5. guapo - Elantra

Let me add a few more points to consider:
    6. resale value - Civic
    7. top speed - Civic
    8. aftermarket modification potential - Civic

Enjoy choosing!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    If you're leaning towards Honda due to its brand, perhaps you can wait a bit longer to see how the next generation Civic will turn out in our local version

Quote Originally Posted by EuroFD View Post
    1. driving comfort - Civic
    2. fuel consumption - City / Civic
    3. easy to maintain (madali hanapin ang mga parts) - City / Civic
    4. value for money - City / Elantra
    5. guapo - Elantra

Let me add a few more points to consider:
    6. resale value - Civic
    7. top speed - Civic
    8. aftermarket modification potential - Civic

Enjoy choosing!
    At least for me the City felt more comfortable to drive. I'm 1,87m high, weight about 70 to 75kg if that matters...

As far as resale value goes, I wouldn't expect a higher depreciation ratio for the City comparing to the Civic.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    At least for me the City felt more comfortable to drive. I'm 1,87m high, weight about 70 to 75kg if that matters...

As far as resale value goes, I wouldn't expect a higher depreciation ratio for the City comparing to the Civic.
    That was also my dilema last month, but I chose the Elantra because :

1. The Honda Civic will have a model change next year so if I buy today next year passe na at bagsak resale value. Also, the new Civic will be P 50th more expensive than the current Civic;
    2. The current City 1.5 AT is very expensive, konti na lang Elantra 1.6 MT na;
    3.The City is in the sub-compact category while the Elantra is in the compact category which is much bigger and
    more comfortable than the City;
    4. Finally, the Elantra is the most beautiful compact car in the country today,it's really a headturner!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i noticed that the elantra has got the rebound now after a flop appearance a few years ago. anyway, i'd choose the elantra as well because of the novelty and the warranty. no offense to city and civic owners.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I actually have the same sort of dilemma...in choosing between a City 1.5 and a 1.8 Elantra..
    What about the added feature of paddle shifters in the City compared to the Elantra is it worth choosing the City?
    Also worried about the long term value and tibay ng car...
    Though I'm more leaning towards the Elantra

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I suggest that you choose the Elantra. I just got one and is very happy with it. My 3 kids are very happy also due to the
    bigger space. Matangkad sila, and they really appreciate the extra leg room. This year when we go on our road trip to the provinces, we will be using the Elantra instead of the Innova because there is enough room for the 5 of us plus luggage.

Actually, if your read the reviews in the internet, the Elantra is almost in the mid size category already, instead of the compact class.

If only for this extra space you should choose the Elantra. More car for your money.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Elantra tops them all. Period.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2011 Honda City 1.5E vs Honda Civic 1.8S vs Hyundai Elantra 1.8 GLS