New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sirs, after the reading the responses, I'm considering the Elantra. However, if I throw in the Mitsubishi EX GLS in here , pwede ba sya itapat sa Elantra 1.6 A/T? halos same price range na rin ata 'to at 895k(?). so knokonsider ko na rin 'to.

Yung father ko kasi may nakausap na mekaniko, and he doesn't recommend getting a Hyundai. Probably because he has experiences in the past na maraming nagpapagawa ng Hyundai sa kanila.

watchutink? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Probably the mechanic has had troubles with various Hyundai's in his shop before. But then, you have to ask which particular models he had trouble with. Well, if its the Elantra 1.6 A/T, its probably pushing it a bit too far to be comparing it to the Lancer EX, it being a 2.0L car and known to be one of the faster ones at that. Maybe if it was the 1.8GLS, it'll be a more even fight. But the Lancer will lose a lot in the fuel mileage department.

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Honda = More Prestige?

Sorry ha, I have a Honda CR-V 4WD pero it doesn't feel more prestige than our Hyundais.. Pareho lang ;)
    Sure it depends on which market segments. We can't actually compare a 2.0L naturally-aspirated gasoline-powered CR-V and a 2.2L e-VGT diesel Santa Fe, but in the more basic market segments the Korean vehicles are still perceived as a "cheaper" alternative to the more traditional Japanese ones. And since Hondas are not so widespread in public services (such as taxis and police cruisers) it's still perceived by some customers as "prestige" (altough I believe it's not exactly a problem if a car is good enought to survive under heavy duties)...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
2011 Honda City 1.5E vs Honda Civic 1.8S vs Hyundai Elantra 1.8 GLS