New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Good day sirs! Hingi lang po sana akong advice. Having a problem choosing between these two cars. Sold na po sana kami with the City 1.5 but binigyan kami ng discount on the Altis so halos mag ka-price na sila.

What I like about the City is the FC, malaki ba difference nila in terms of FC?

Thanks in advance mga sirs!

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Sir, for fuel efficiency, the Altis G is it. It has a 6 speed MT, more gears, more efficient.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Try to compare the passenger space in both cars.

Off the top of my head,

City
    +2 Airbags vs the Altis' 1
    +Disc/Disc brakes vs the Disc/Drum of the altis
    +larger trunk (moot point, unless you carry dead bodies often)
    +convenience of an automatic if you'd prefer one (plus manual override via paddle shifters)

Altis
    +More exterior space (not sure if this translates into more passenger space)
    +6 M/T = fuel savings, but may be negated due to the displacement difference
    +Soft ride

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I'll buy the Altis:

Bigger Size, Dual-VVT-i, 6 Speed M/T, better ride quality, cheaper maintenance and better resale value

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    bro,

city is ok but a sub compact car while the altis is a full size sedan.

resale...i think both has a good value
    safety you must check (if this is part of you selection)
    price (depends on your budget)
    FC...i think if this is a concern try to get 1.3l engine or lower. i dnt think 1.5(cty) and 1.6(altis) has big difference in terms of FC.

even if you are driving a 1.3l but always pedal to metal malakas consumption mo. kung nasa stop and go ka or traffic ang daily route mo smaller engine is better if you want a good FC.

also there's a difference between A/T and M/T

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    An Altis is NOT a full sized sedan. A full size sedan is like a Toyota Avalon in the US or the Toyota Crown here in Asia. The Altis is a COMPACT CAR.

And to answer the question, I would get the Corolla over the City if the price is nearly identical...

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Kung practical ka TS. Bagay sayo ang Altis.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    altis for me... bagal ng city na yan walang hatak..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Salamat sa mga reply sirs! Siguro kailangan ko pa din magbasa basa about sa dalawang kotseng to haha.

OT pala sir, may news na ba sa labas ng bagong Hyundai Elantra? gusto ko sana isali sa choices ko kaso baka lalo akong malito haha

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kung hindi issue sayo ang automatic at manual... go Altis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2011 Honda City 1.5E or 2011 Toyota Altis 1.6G m/t