New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006

or

This may sound crazy but here's how it goes..

I wanted to buy the CX7 but decided on getting the Forester XT instead pending the sale of my Jimny. Somebody then offered me a 2008 Jeep Rubicon 4 door with 17k kms on it for 1.6M (may still go down). The Forester has been one of my dream cars but the Rubicon is just difficult to ignore.

The brand new price of the Jeep is 2.4M and it has all the gears needed for a true 4x4. It has solid axle front and rear, coils on all 4 wheels, differential lockers front and rear, heavy duty Dana 44 axles, same transfer case as the Hummer H3 with 4:1 low range ratio, and front sway bay disconnect. The FRP top can be removed as well as all 4 doors for a rugged look. The front windshield can even be folded to the front. The 3.8 V6 also has adequate power giving 5-8 km/l mixed FC (almost the same as the FXT). Different U.S. reviews vow for it's reliability. It has tons of aftermarket parts, too.

The Forester's specs is well known to everyone here so I won't dwell into it. It will definitely give me an awesome ride and there are also oodles of aftermarket itch as well, hehe.

I've a kinda Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde personality so any of these 2 will fit me. I also intend to keep the vehicle for more than 5 years. So, what say you, guys? (don't offer me any other ride for the same price, pls.)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Was replying to your other post when you redacted/transferred it. :hysterical: Bilis mo!

Personally... it's a terrible risk to buy a Chrysler product... but damn... to be able to get the best-off-road around? Errh... kinda hard to resist!

Overall, the Subaru is the better buy, the more refined and the better ownership proposition, but knowing your tastes, I think the Rubicon will suit you quite well.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i love both of those cars, it's hard choice so just see how you'll use them. first of where are you? do you really need the off road capabilities of the jeep? will you use it often? if not, and only do mostly city/highway driving i'd get the XT. plus brand new is always better than 2nd hand especially if you're planning to keep it for 5 years.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I'm really more inclined into getting the FXT being brandnew and more attuned to the streets where I do most of my driving. It's just that the Jeep can provide more when it comes to my spirit of outdoor adventure with good on-road manners to boot.

Niky, you're right. Chrysler is not a good proposition at this time but Jeep is a Jeep and aftermarket parts in the US are just crazy.

Tho the FXT is hard to ignore, too.

Deym...

BTW, if I post this in 4x4ph forum, I know what they'll choose, hehe.
    Last edited by Drave; August 25th, 2010 at 01:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You should compare the second hand Jeep Rubicon price to a second hand Subaru Forester price also.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hi Doc!

If I were you...

I'd stick with the FXT....

andyan naman lagi si hilux mo to fulfill your offroading needs...

and kung nararamdaman mo naman your need for speed....jump ka nalang sa FXT....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    if i'm going to buy a car based on 4x4 reasons, i'd get a jimny. at least pag pinang-offroad mo cheap lang acquisition.

i can't imagine myself offroading a car worth 2.4M. but of course, i'm only thinking about myself or +1 riding with me. maybe you have other reasons, like you have your whole family with you on offroad.

sa'kin kasi di talaga practical

----

edit, i failed to notice your avatar. naka-jimny ka na pala. kindly disregard na lang may comment above

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Wahaha... siyempre... mga B.I. yun.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    I'm really more inclined into getting the FXT being brandnew and more attuned to the streets where I do most of my driving. It's just that the Jeep can provide more when it comes to my spirit of outdoor adventure with good on-road manners to boot.

Niky, you're right. Chrysler is not a good proposition at this time but Jeep is a Jeep and aftermarket parts in the US are just crazy.

Tho the FXT is hard to ignore, too.

Deym...

ano???

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    rubicon for me. hehehehehe timeless design and appeal.

but then again, if you can afford, buy both! then sell the least favored after a month or two. i'll get your scrap! hahahahahaha

2011 Forester XT vs 08 Jeep Rubicon