New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My parents own a E150. My brother has a GS. Guess what, my parents E150 is hardly used due to its world famous thirst for gas. They often borrow my brother's Starex.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Good point sir. Will be seriously considering your point

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Went to Hancars with my mom at around 6 pm. My mom liked the GS HVX and she even chatted with Mr. And Mrs. Manzana (Webson's parents). We will be discussing it with my dad as he is still bent on buying a 2nd hand Gen. 3 Expedition. Hindi talaga nadala sa laki ng ginastos niya sa front shocks ng Gen. 2 Expedition namin at sa ginagastos niya sa lagi sa pang gas nun. We still have to convince him to consider the GS and not stick with 1 choice.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The ride of the Starex is not comparable to the E150... except if you're talking the Starex Limo version... ...but it's not as bad as the Grandia Commuter... though newer HiAces seem to have a softer set than before.

Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Oops I forgot to say that may warranty pala yung shocks ng Expy namin given by Ford Connecticut. Pero why is it napansin ko parang madaling bumigay shocks ng mga American-built SUVs? Isn't it because of the bad road conditions here?
    Depends on conditions. If you or your driver tend to take underchassis-scraping humps at full speed, that's not good for your shocks. Older American SUVs tend to be softly set-up, and that soft set plus the weight of the big V8 up front make them susceptible to suspension wear.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Our Gen. 2 Expedition is our usual vehicle in going to long trips. Since its replacement will be also used for long trips and as my dad's 4 times a week vehicle (his Sonata YF is his other car), we need a van that can withstood the bad road conditions in the provinces, especially if we're going to bring the van to Bicol and the Ilocos provinces. Also, that van should be comfortable enough for a family of 6 plus 2 yayas and 2 puppies, sometimes with 1 driver if my dad's too lazy to drive

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    How much ba yun 2nd hand Expedition? We have the second gen. and third gen models on revised suspension (due to armoring) but we never had a lemon so far (although yun ni-Ondoy sila... sobrang TAGAL ng repairs). Personally, maliit lang difference in the comfort from 2nd-gen to 3rd-gen.

Expedition's good bang-per-buck. But the thirst for petrol is incredible. You're topping two 5k gas bills per week FTW! Kaya nga Montero nalang next corporate vehicle namin eh Since similar engines nila, expect your average km before empty to drop from 80kms to 40km after 20minutes of traffic sa EDSA hahaha..

So hands-down Starex ako dito (psst, Alphard na!! No kidding, those captain seats are something to die for..)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hindi ba mas malakas konsumo ng 3rd Gen Expedition? Our Gen. 2 has a 4.6L Triton V8 and its average FC city driving is around 5 km/l

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    They're more or less the same actually. But that's probably because the engine displacement difference is countered by our 2nd-gen heavier weight (higher armoring level kasi)

Di ko parin talaga makakalimutan yun "KM before empty" ng Expedition it was epic. Parang.. "*** na! 20km kinain mo tapos gumalaw lang tayo 500m "

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I don't why jhnkvn's expeditions have similar comfort, probably due to the armoring but in our case, our Gen 3 Expedition EL is much more comfortable compared to the gen 2 even with the 20" rims.

Consumption is roughly the same for both. Both are Eddie Bauers with the 5.4 engine but the gen 3 has the updated 5.4 with 310hp and 6 speed transmission. Engine sounds very different din. Nice deep american v8 roar in the gen 3 when you step on it.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm asking how's the FC compared to our 4.6L Triton V8 equipped Gen. 2 Expedition in city driving? Isama mo na pati with bumper-to-bumper traffic

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2011 Ford E-150 Club Wagon vs 2011 Hyundai Grand Starex HVX