The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ganyan talaga ang kuya kapag nangangailangan ang mga kapatid. Hehe

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I salute your dad, bro. hehehe

Ipakita mo sa kanya yung unit ni Webson, matutuwa yan.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    IMO, only thing lamang yun Ford sa Hyundai is the Expedition's startup engine sounds.

Gano kalakas? Must be 3 or 4 times more beefy. Really gets testosterone moving although with that parang nawala na 20pesos worth of gas mo.. wahaha..

Due to the armoring and the revised suspension, can't really differentiate the comfort of the 2nd and 3rd gen. All I know is that humps are crap.. feel namin talaga yun bigat. But the Expedition's surprisingly easy to drive considering its weight.. if I can just disregard the windshield's nearer than you typing on your PC only drove it once, ayaw ko na.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Our 2002 E150 4.6L runs 3.3 km/L bumper to bumper traffic. Can reach 10. yes 10 KM/L on provincial roads.

Maintenance? So Cheap! Cheaper to maintain than our trooper. Still original shocks.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    I had read this thread before and I went for the E150. If status is your looking (which I need for business) the E150 answers it for you.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sarap ng E 150 pang long driving, with driver...un paralleled..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    My dad is planning to sell his Gen. 2 Expedition due to "kumakalampag" na front shocks. The two vans are our choices. Which of the two is better in terms of:

1. Ride comfort
    2. Convenience features
    3. Performance
    4. Maintenance costs
    5. Flexibility (Can accomodate my dad's numerous surgical instruments and implants and during long trips can accommodate 9-10 passengers)
    6. Safety features

Your inputs will be very much appreciated. TIA!
    1. E-150, maganda suspension at feel ng upuan (driver) ng E-150 compared sa grand starex
    2. HVX, driver friendly ang cockpit design ng E-150, pero overall mas maraming convenience feature ang fully mod na HVX for both passengers and the driver.
    3. E-150, malakas ang makina ng E-150 with more standard safety features.
    4. HVX, Sa first 3 years almost same cost lang sila ng maintenance with HVX, but after that magastos ang E-150 sa maintenance, mahal at indent order ang parts, lakas pa ng FC.
    5. HVX, 12 seater ang HVX, yung E-150 ko, good for 7 passengers lang (I dont know if may 9 seater na ang E-150) but theres big room for baggage.
    6. Tie, both have adequate safety features. Although sa US may nabasa ako na case na sumabog ang gas tank ng E-150 when directly hit during a pile up sa freeway. They say new gas tank design is already safe, but we dont know for sure.

For Philippine setting I'll go for the HVX, mas practical. I have a E-150 before but sold it in favor of a Starex, because of high gasoline prices (sakit sa bulsa P12T gas, from Manila to Solano VV) , shortage and escalating cost of parts, I even smuggled parts in my baggage from the US just to keep my E-150 running, and sa traffic, hirap isingit lalo na sa provincial roads.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Ito personally ha.. walang halong kung ano ano. Kung Starex lang din wag itim please. Dapat kasi di hinayaang ipagamit ng Hyundai yan sa mga f. parlor

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BatchOne View Post
    Ito personally ha.. walang halong kung ano ano. Kung Starex lang din wag itim please. Dapat kasi di hinayaang ipagamit ng Hyundai yan sa mga f. parlor
    haha, parang nakaka-demoralize ba?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
2011 Ford E-150 Club Wagon vs 2011 Hyundai Grand Starex HVX