New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Pre medyo matagtag yung GS para sakin. Before kasi yung GS namin Chevy Venture yung van ng fam. Iba ride ng american van kung ikukumpara sa GS. Pero GS pa din ako boto syempre.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The only reason you'll get the E150 is when you have to haul something up. Have you seen the torque on that thing? ganun uso sa US eh, pataasan ng hauling capacity.

For us, a Starex would easily fit your van needs. For a more upscale suggestion, Toyota Alphard gets my vote. Those seats really are something...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerJam View Post
    Pre medyo matagtag yung GS para sakin. Before kasi yung GS namin Chevy Venture yung van ng fam. Iba ride ng american van kung ikukumpara sa GS. Pero GS pa din ako boto syempre.
    Syempre naka GS CVX ka Carl Ito na lang, just give me the pros and cons of owning the two respective vans. Only the TWO VANS.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Syempre dun na sa GS HVX! It has more features than the E150, it seats more people than the E150 which ridiculously seats 7 only! And its engine is so much better than the E150's. Driving the E150 will make you feel like you're driving a truck and it handles like one as well. No wonder, since it IS a used as a heavy duty truck in the United States. The power figures are actually not very far apart, 227ps/388Nm for the 4.6L E150 and 170ps/392Nm for the 2.5L GS, now consider that the E150 has almost double the displacement and yet it has less torque... And you can easily boost the Starex's power by adding a few performance mods like an aftermarket air filter, Unichip and/or alcohol injection. In fact it wouldn't be hard to surpass the E150's power levels. And of course, better fuel mileage is a given due to the efficient CRDi engine with a 5 speed A/T with manual shift override.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Malamang less torque ang E-150 kasi gas engine. Naturally aspirated pa.

No need to discuss further.

Grand Starex HVX.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The only reason you want an E150 is to feel like a bully or feel like an artista or a tongressman...

Otherwise, just go get that Starex very simple choice to be honest...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    The only reason you should get an E-150 is when you're ready to shell out more moolah for comfort, space and well, "arrive" Tsaka dapat may driver, ikaw nasa 2nd Row Captain seats, mahirap i park to, pero sa pag drive surprisingly mas magaan siya kesa sa Japanese SUVs, mas malambot ang manibela pati response ng makina, konting pitik lang dumadamba talaga. Otherwise get a Starex or a Grandia.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Eh pros and cons of driving and owning the two vans? For the GS HVX we're planning to get it from Hancars. Basta give your inputs about the pros and cons of driving and owning the two vans. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I've ridden in an E150 cross country in the US and the FC should be enough to scare you into getting the HVX. The one we rode was the EL version and had a 40 gallon tank. Everytime we filled up we checked if there were holes in the tank. Our driver even joked that the thing took a whole quart to start.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The last time I looked into an E150 at a Ford Dealer, the 3rd row seat is bench type and doesn't have headrests. Definitely not comfortable to sit on.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2011 Ford E-150 Club Wagon vs 2011 Hyundai Grand Starex HVX