New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I just would like to ask what is the common problem on Mitsubishi GSR?

is it a good car for everyday driving from parañaque to katipunan ?

is it fuel efficient?

is it fuel injected or carburetor padin?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I had a GSR very briefly (8 months) in 2002. Only reason I sold it very quickly is that I had a chance to get a 2001 316i (for cheap) from a friend who left the country and needed to unload his car. The GSR is fuel injected. Fuel consumption is not as good as the new cars today with similar engine displacement and power. I get about 6-7.5 km/l then (if I remember correctly) in comparison my 2000 SiR back then consumes the same amount of fuel. Overall it is fun to drive, handling is average, looks (one of the best during it's time). Definitely not a family car though.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, it is a pizza Lancer so I suppose the suspension woes known to plague this model is also present in the GSR. I'm not so sure though if the newer ones are affected. The GSR is basically just a Lancer with two doors less. There are no performance advantages over the sedan version expect for, perhaps, a bit less weight. Being a coupe, it is a driver's car. But it is no different from other 1.6L compacts of that generation in terms of fuel efficiency and performance. Though it definitely does look pretty good, especially the facelifted version. But then, it is impractical to get a car having no performance advantages over its sedan counterpart and has a huge chunk of interior space taken away and the inconvenience of having two less doors. I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

About Mitsubishi GSR