New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My sister is planning to buy a new car, she wants the montero but as i read further on the sorento topic here i fell in love with it , now the problem is my dad he doesn't want a car made by koreans even though I'm explaining it's features compared to the montero still he's insisting that it' is a kia.

any tips?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
    My sister is planning to buy a new car, she wants the montero but as i read further on the sorento topic here i fell in love with it , now the problem is my dad he doesn't want a car made by koreans even though I'm explaining it's features compared to the montero still he's insisting that it' is a kia.

any tips?
    its hard well the best way is to take your Dad and Sister at both KIA&MMC showrooms where they will see the units and compare and then they can decide which one to take btw both cars are good AFAIK

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Your dad is still living in the 90's obviously he is not very well informed about the developments of Korean cars here and abroad...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Your dad is still living in the 90's obviously he is not very well informed about the developments of Korean cars here and abroad...
    True.

Kia Sorento for the win

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    isa pa daw problem is yong resale value niya

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If your going to think for the resale value before you buy..

At the first place sana hindi nyo naisip ang Sorento.

Wala naman reason ngayon para maging mababa ang resale value ng Kia eh. AFAIK mataas ang resale value ng Carens.

At huli sa lahat, bibili ka ng kotse to use it, to enjoy the features, etc. Hindi para isipin ang value after 5 years.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
    isa pa daw problem is yong resale value niya
    pakibasa na lang sa kabilang thread yung issues ng montero...

test drive both units and you'll see the difference...

obviously di na updated yung dad mo sa recent technologies...its very hard to convince a person still living with his knowledge of the past...

tell him to read the internet para medyo maintindihan nya kung ano meron ang KIA/Hyundai nowadays...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhollanda View Post
    pakibasa na lang sa kabilang thread yung issues ng montero...

test drive both units and you'll see the difference...

obviously di na updated yung dad mo sa recent technologies...its very hard to convince a person still living with his knowledge of the past...

tell him to read the internet para medyo maintindihan nya kung ano meron ang KIA/Hyundai nowadays...

HKAG CRDi ftw. :D

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well as for me... I'm a hyundai-kia crdi fanatic and I have tried different crdi engines already non goes near the power and the comfort of these korean units. Japans crdi engines are still problematic, we have an innova and an strada and still hoping na sana hindi masira yun d4d ng innova namin and yun strada naman doesnt match up to the power of my carens and tucson. love the korean crdi enginesso much. test drive one and you will immediately change your perception with korean cars.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    thank you for the inputs sirs! isama nalang namin dad ko pag mag test drive na kami ng units

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast