New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Masyado mo naman minamaliit ang quality ng Hyundai. Pero sa JD Powers survey in the US di hamak mas mataas sa initial quality ang Hyundai kaysa Subaru. In fact these days I don't trust Japan Inc. Eh kung Toyota nga supposedly the pillar of Japanese quality eh alam mo na...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    FORESTERX- good post. With regards to the ride quality, do you think the inital softer ride of the Tucson will eventually wear out because of the allegedly inferior suspension of what you describe as korean CBU? And is the stiff ride really that bad? Ride comfort together with performance is very vital with respect to my decision. Tidus123- Ano ang JD Power test results regarding the 2010 Tucson and the 2010 Forester. Please be specific. Thank you.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sorry tidus if i sounded like minamaliit ko yung hyundai pero hindi ko minamaliit. in fact, i'm really impressed on how fast hyundai grew especially with the genesis. but i still don't trust the company because they made a couple of great cars. if you remember the tiburon, when it came out it got the same hype as the genesis is getting right now, but what happened to it no? the fact the hyundai can drop a car from their line up that easily and that fast isn't good. i'll give them a couple more years and let them build a couple more great cars before i buy one from them.

and for the quality of hyundai better than subaru? i don't know how much hyundai paid jd powers survey for them to say that. just look at it this way, i have seen hundreds of subarus and heard thousands of stories from subaru forums that have more than 100k miles on their car, with no major problems, and still runs really great. but i haven't seen a single hyundai or even heard of that has more than a 100k miles on it na hindi kakarag-karag.

*shivaker: the ride comfort of the forester is still very good, i'm just saying that not everyone might like the suspension settings of the forester because when my friend drove my forester medyo natagtagan sya. kaso my friend drives a crv, siguro nasanay lang sya sa ride ng crv kaya sya natagtagan. crv kc has a very soft suspension.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sorry tidus if i sounded like minamaliit ko yung hyundai pero hindi ko minamaliit. in fact, i'm really impressed on how fast hyundai grew especially with the genesis. but i still don't trust the company because they made a couple of great cars. if you remember the tiburon, when it came out it got the same hype as the genesis is getting right now, but what happened to it no? the fact the hyundai can drop a car from their line up that easily and that fast isn't good. i'll give them a couple more years and let them build a couple more great cars before i buy one from them.

and for the quality of hyundai better than subaru? i don't know how much hyundai paid jd powers survey for them to say that. just look at it this way, i have seen hundreds of subarus and heard thousands of stories from subaru forums that have more than 100k miles on their car, with no major problems, and still runs really great. but i haven't seen a single hyundai or even heard of that has more than a 100k miles on it na hindi kakarag-karag.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hyundai na hindi kakarag-karag after 100k miles or more than 160k kms? meron. Starex namin dati. engine overhaul lang inabot nya. 173+++ kms yung mileage nya nung binenta namin at hindi nag reklamo yung buyer. PROPER MAINTENANCE lang ang katapat nyan. ;)

eto isa sa mga pinaka mahirap na decision pag bibili ng kotse. ako pinili ko yung Tucson 4WD (iniintay ko nalang unit ko) kasi i'm after the features, safety and fuel economy.

pero kung performance wise, mag Forester talaga ako. 230HP FTW!! :clap:

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    my advice shivaker test drive both cars, you are really the only one who can tell which is the car for you. when you go to subaru look for mel, very nice and entertaining. if you decide to buy the forester, join SCP so you can get discounts for parts and services from motor image and other subaru parts distributors in the philippines.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Wala pa din pala Tuc mo SG ?

-

I'd go for the Subaru FXT, however ...

I don't consider the Tucson as a BAD vehicle. I rather consider it as a competitive vehicle in the market. I`ve seen more Tucson's than the RAV4s and, compared to the Foresters too.

I haven't heard a major issue about Hyundai, same thing at Subaru. So I think, both are equal. There's no bad nor a good vehicle in this comparison. It really depends on the features/fuel consumption and the like.

Give Hyundai a break, they make strong vehicles after all.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    my advice shivaker test drive both cars, you are really the only one who can tell which is the car for you. when you go to subaru look for mel, very nice and entertaining. if you decide to buy the forester, join SCP so you can get discounts for parts and services from motor image and other subaru parts distributors in the philippines.
    THANK YOU FORESTERX, i will test drive both vehicles and consider the stiffness/and softness of the ride. 90% is now with the Forester 2.5XT which I may end up buying. Since I never read a concrete and definitive positive on the Hyundai Tucson, except for its "Looks".

Lastly, what can i expect from joining SCP? And what should I bargain/expect for (Freebies ex. Tintting, Rustproofing, LTO when I buy from Motor Image?)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAKER View Post
    THANK YOU FORESTERX, i will test drive both vehicles and consider the stiffness/and softness of the ride. 90% is now with the Forester 2.5XT which I may end up buying. Since I never read a concrete and definitive positive on the Hyundai Tucson, except for its "Looks".

Lastly, what can i expect from joining SCP? And what should I bargain/expect for (Freebies ex. Tintting, Rustproofing, LTO when I buy from Motor Image?)

for scp privileges, you get emergency roadside assistance, special discounts on select establishments, discount on motor image 15% on Maintenance parts; 15% on labor charge; 10% on non-maintenance parts, accessories and merchandise. membership fee is only 4,000 for the first year, then 2,000 yearly no monthly fees. i'm not a member though, just an scp forumer. kc you are required to attend at least 2 club events every year, which i can't at the moment cause i travel a lot out of the country.

for motor image, don't expect to much. they won't give you discount unless you buy more than 1 car. other subaru owners that i talked to said they got free tint, shirt, umbrella. for me i got 10,000 off plus free lto plus free tint, the only reason i got that is because i bought 2 subarus at the same time. i doubt you'll get 10k off but i'm sure Mel Adriano can hook you up with at least tint, shirt, and lto.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Forester xt na!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2010 HYUNDAI 2.4 TUCSON 4x4 vs 2010 SUBARU FORESTER 2.5XT