New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sa sobrang mahal lang ng CRDi- VGT engine kaya they still line the anemic tci engine..

sa van-- horsepower is not the name of the game.. test drive one.. and i tell you-- its woorth the upgrade from an l300 to a urvan "escapade"--2.7L pero ang ayaw ko lang sa 2.7 urvans, its to bare for me-- power steering lang, wala pang tachmeter.

ung 3.0, mas ok na ok yun!

hiace- another van worth considering if you can buy a tci gstarex/estate...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I really hate the back seats of the 12-seater Hiace... terrible... and the ride is pretty stiff (the new Grand Starex, though, is supposedly pretty stiff, too). If you're getting a Hiace, get the posh version with the captain's seats. With less seats, they specified lighter rear springs, apparently, as it didn't need to be able to carry two tons of cargo...

I'm leaning towards the Urvan on this... or... would they like a secondhand E150? :hysterical: Very comfortable. Don't ask about fuel economy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

I'm leaning towards the Urvan on this... or... would they like a secondhand E150? :hysterical: Very comfortable. Don't ask about fuel economy.

e150 it is. TUMPAK niky

with its low resale tumpak talaga. FC is about 4-5 city and around almost 7 on highways.

siguro naman yung difference ilang years din na pang gas.

and boy is to spacious and tough.

perfect van for me.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The E150 always reminds me of vans used by American burglars Natandaan ko yung sa Home Alone laging E150 gamit nilang van yung dalwang magnanakaw

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The E150 always reminds me of vans used by American burglars Natandaan ko yung sa Home Alone laging E150 gamit nilang van yung dalwang magnanakaw

:bwahaha: majority e150 din gamit ng mga goons, i.e politicians

sorry for the OT mods.

to gerbo: why not recommend an e150?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks guys for the inputs. Very much appreciate them.

I've have chances to ride, not drive, the 2.7 Escapade and the 3.0 Estate. The latter feels more like a "family carrier" due to the built in amenities than the former which feels like a "commercial shuttle". Yep, airconditioning vents, better seats and spacing, etc. At old school diesel. I initially thought maintenance was not an issue until OTEP pointed them out. Never had a Patrol. Nevertheless, it may not be an issue with them. This is actually the perceived top choice.

On CRDI engine vans--the Grand Starex was nice but was way too expensive. My mother in-law had an old SVX which proved to be serviceable naman. This is the reason why the GS was considered albeit the base non-CRDI variant.

Hiace? Its been considered expensive for the trim and the D4D engine "customer beware" sign sticked to it.

Ford E-150. Not really popular here except for a couple of local politicians who owned such unit. Gargantuan proportions indeed. But 2 things seems to go against it: (i) fuel consumption, (ii) parts availability as there are no so many thrid-party providers in this part of the country and with poor road conditions here its just amatter of time when parts need replacement.

The Estate seems to be the "right vehicle".

At ito matindi....mukhang na sales talk din sila sa husband ng second-degree cousin ko who happened to work in a local Nissan outlet.
    Last edited by Gerbo; February 9th, 2009 at 09:11 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Thanks guys for the inputs. Very much appreciate them.

I've have chances to ride, not drive, the 2.7 Escapade and the 3.0 Estate. The latter feels more like a "family carrier" due to the built in amenities than the former which feels like a "commercial shuttle". Yep, airconditioning vents, better seats and spacing, etc. At old school diesel. I initially thought maintenance was not an issue until OTEP pointed them out. Never had a Patrol. Nevertheless, it may not be an issue with them. This is actually the perceived top choice.

On CRDI engine vans--the Grand Starex was nice but was way too expensive. My mother in-law had an old SVX which proved to be serviceable naman. This is the reason why the GS was considered albeit the base non-CRDI variant.

Hiace? Its been considered expensive for the trim and the D4D engine "customer beware" sign sticked to it.

Ford E-150. Not really popular here except for a couple of local politicians who owned such unit. Gargantuan proportions indeed. But 2 things seems to go against it: (i) fuel consumption, (ii) parts availability as there are no so many thrid-party providers in this part of the country and with poor road conditions here its just amatter of time when parts need replacement.

The Estate seems to be the "right vehicle".

At ito matindi....mukhang na sales talk din sila sa husband ng second-degree cousin ko who happened to work in a local Nissan outlet.
    commission na yan gerbo. joke

if the escapade, boy its design is way too old and IMO walang dating.

late 80's pa ata design nyan.

re: e150, parts availability? no problem, casa carry them on stock and thers a lot of shop that carries genuine and replacement parts.

if provincial use, expect the e150 to average on 6km/L. and to acquire a unit, most of it nowadays sells for 500k below. depends on model.

but is there any luxury in estate? leather interior?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Buti na lang no one suggested the L300 Believe it or not they are still selling this old piece of junk and I see some Z plate L300's still roaming around daig ba yung mga X plate Revo's

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Buti na lang no one suggested the L300 Believe it or not they are still selling this old piece of junk and I see some Z plate L300's still roaming around daig ba yung mga X plate Revo's
    i think its the cheapest brand new van in the market, am i right?

last december nga may nakasabay ako l300 (still no plate) nagpapaset up ng video and audio upgrade

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes I believe its the cheapest van brand new right now. But you get what you paid for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2009 models of Starex TCi vs. Urvan Estate