New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    A close relative wants comments, so I volunteer. For a no-frills extended 12-seater family carrier that offers passenger comfort and easy drivability. Mostly provincial routes.

Anyone? TIA.

kung mag tci na starex ka, wag nalang. maiinis ka lang sa kupad...oo maganda hatak nyan pag walang laman, e do you think na di pupunuin yan? at since van yan, do you think na limited lang yan sa city use?

di na pinagiisipan yan, much better pa ang urvan estate!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    A close relative wants comments, so I volunteer. For a no-frills extended 12-seater family carrier that offers passenger comfort and easy drivability. Mostly provincial routes.

Anyone? TIA.

Gerbo, napapansin ko sa starex tci sobrang usok.

pero looks GS na ako.

urvan estate para di ko masyado type.

luma na sa mata.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Urvan Estate is the one with the 3.o engine, right? It's the same engine in the Patrol and if you are going to use it as 'pang-harabas' maintenance will be a bit on the expensive side. You can't skimp on filters. The oil filter costs Php800.00 and there are two fuel filters. One costs Php1,700 and the other around Php1,200.

But so far the engine in my Patrol has been reliable (albeit a bit expensive to maintain engine-wise).

The Grand Starex is a good 9 seater but is not really ideal for 12 persons.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for the initial replies.

I was about to tell them to get the GRX Starex instead although it might turn them off kasi 2nd hand na mga ito.

Looks may not be very crucial in the decision kasi mga probinsyano gagamit but as OTEP have said, mas mahal pala maintenance ng Estate. Not to mention unit price is also higher.

So, di ba kakahiya mag-recommend sa base model ng 2009 Starex?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Thanks for the initial replies.

I was about to tell them to get the GRX Starex instead. However, it might turn them off kasi 2nd hand na mga ito.

Looks may not be very crucial in the decision kasi mga probinsyano gagamit but as OTEP have said, mas mahal pala maintenance ng Estate. Not to mention unit price is also higher.

So, di ba kakahiya mag-recommend sa base model ng 2009 Starex?
    exterior looks almost the same pero if you'll look closely mejo cheap looking, and mga features mejo kulang. cvx model nalang.

why not just the urvan..the one with TD27...not with the 3.0...

enormous body of the grand starex is the weak point of the g.starex. its the same engine used in the older models..where in most owners says its sluggish talaga...

better choice pa ung urvan-escapade...

ps- estate is same as patrol engine, minus the turbo...but with direct injection.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    why not just the urvan..the one with TD27...not with the 3.0...
    I dunno but with its 70+ hp rating somehow it would not be a significant upgrade from the L300 they used to own.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If they can stomach the looks, the Ssangyong Stavic is pretty good. With its Mercedes Benz W124 based chassis and modern MB diesel engines. Wheels Inc. seems to have tons of promos for this model.

But again, crash test considerations have made this van an ideal 9 seater with a smallish last row.

Why not the Grandia GL?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

If you're looking for a people carrier, IMHO torque matters more than a diesel engine's HP ratings.

If you'd ask me, I'd go for the Urvan Estate for a people carrier. I've ridden a TD27 escapade filled to the brim and it had no problems at all, not to mention its exceptional airconditioning. What more for an estate with a bigger direct injection engine and aircon vents on each passenger row?

In fairness to the GS, I've ridden the one with the VGT engine and wow, ang lakas talaga humatak. However, it has only 2 rows at the back plus the fact that the front row has 2 captain seats but with all the leg roooooooooooooooom. The airconditioning? I had to close the vents ontop of me. Now here's the catch: how much?

9 seater starex TCI? Never mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2009 models of Starex TCi vs. Urvan Estate