New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi i would like to ask you guys which of the two would fit our needs.. We are 7 in the family and money is not an issue. I hope we could just focus on both vehicles for comparison.. Which is better in terms of comfort, fuel efficiency, and overall..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brio2025 View Post
    Hi i would like to ask you guys which of the two would fit our needs.. We are 7 in the family and money is not an issue. I hope we could just focus on both vehicles for comparison.. Which is better in terms of comfort, fuel efficiency, and overall..
    Alterra: + interior ( i like the entertainment sytem)
    + comfort (better ride/ suspension )
    - exterior ( fortuner looks better )

Fortuner + exterior (Looks better compared to the Alterra)
    + engine (More powerful compared to the Alterra)
    - Comfort ( alterra has better ride/ suspension)

If money is not an issue i suggest the Pajero 3.2 DiD

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Fortuner, then upgrade suspension.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Fortuner for the 3.0 4x4 or the 2.7 vvti. Alterra for the 4x2 since it's also a 3.0

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Just this two, go with Fortuner 3.0 4x4 or 2.7G. It never looks old. You are paying for the extra bucks for Alterra on it entertainment system.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by allanctan View Post
    Fortuner, then upgrade suspension.
    Agree! If money is not an issue, get the Fort, throw in a nice ICE set-up and up the suspension.

pero if stock and walang gagalawin, i'd go for the Alterra.. plus, nde cia piso sang tumpok sa streets...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    This is a no brainer for me, one is one of my favorite SUV in the market, as well as the favorite of the general public I would have to say and the other one I despise because of its fugly looks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    with upgrade, go fort

all stock, go alterra

pero fortuner parin ako dahil looks niya mas may dating kesa sa alterra. both units are new for 2009 kaso sobra naman yatang minimal yung sa alterra kumpara sa fortuner ayon sa nabasa ko sa tsikot homepage for the new alterra dito.
    for me
    interior eh mas maganda fortuner. does the fort still need a suspension upgrade kahit naba sinabi nila na upgraded na yun for a more better ride? if so edi upgrade nyo na lang po sir + dagdagan na lang ng ICE systems. meron nga ICE agad alterra pero if you're not satisfied eh ang tendency is maghahanap ka ng bago/upgrade. mas ok na po siguro ang isang bilihan na lang ng ICE systems kesa papalitan pa hehe. tsaka po yung a/c vents ng fort maganda na position

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If money is not an issue, how about a Mitsubishi Pajero, Mazda CX-9 or Subaru Tribeca?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir...money is not an issue? Get both. You'll be very happy.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
2009 Fortuner or 2009 Alterra