New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    Putik. Naging Fort Hate Thread na to ah.
    -------------------------

Guys...PEACE....di naman hate thread ito against the Fortuner because may mga magandang features din ang Fort like its relaibility and design. Mabangis din yung dating ng facelifted Fortuner and ok rin yung amenities niya......

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by splitfire011978 View Post

kindly post sir direct link of negative feedbacks. As for the Fort i cant say anything since im not driving one or test drive a one though i have a bad experience in asking for a test drive in TOYOTA ALABANG sagot ba naman sa akin ng SA eh maki test drive na lang kami sa kakilala what the hell... and eto pa that woman ( SA ) nagfollow-up pa kung nakapag decide na kami to purchase or not gggrrrrrrrrr.......

Well, currently im driving an Alterra for almost a year and ok naman performance nya in terms of comfort my children always tulog during the long drive, space - gusto ng mga bata ang luwang kasi lalo na ang 2nd row at kasya 52" Sony Bravia LCD TV WITH BOX from the store, entertainment - lagi kami may baon na 200 dvds ok sound system nya DTS 5.1 channel with ipod interface and Aux input, handling - ok naman sa turning radius ako kapos unti maybe of my big tires, safety - with dual front airbags on 4x2 variant ay standard, fuel efficiency - well my P1,300 petot got 568.9km (12.6 km/liter ) mixed City & hiway drive and single/dual aircon enabled, A/C - ok naman very cold aircon sometime pag gabi pinapatay ni wifey sobra daw lamig.

Old and Added features of new Alterra 09

1.) JVC Exad DVD system w/ built-in monitor
    2.) Rear Camera for reversing
    3.) backing Sensor ( Not sure kung meron pa sa 09 model )
    4.) Chrome 16" mags
    5.) slim subwoofer
    6.) Leatherseats
    7.) power fold side mirrors
    8.) new color variant
    9.) etc.

i saw the face lifted Fort 09 im not impressed with the dashboard very common ang function and design halos same with the previous model IMO lang no offense meant but with the front and back design mas OK sya at malaki improvement with the previous models. Ayaw ko lang dun sa 3rd row na upuan parang sa starex na pinofold sa side di ka makapaglagay ng wider na gamit saka yung TEST DRIVE ayaw ng SA waaaaaahhhhhhhh.
    This is my opinion im just citing my experience no offense dun sa Fort owners
    ----------------------------------------------

For a not so positive review about the Alterra, check out the "car chart" and the "test drive summary" at www.motioncars.com There are 4 reviews and pag nabasa mo, magdadalawang isip ka about buying an Alterra.

Cnsya na di ko alam panu magpost ng direct-link.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Definitely test drive the Fortuner first before buying. Ako din when I was in the market last year yan ang una kong tinest yung katagtagan nya kasi yun talaga yung pinaka criticism against sa kanya. Di ko gusto so na cross out ko agad yung Fortuner. Eventually I ended with SF, parang Camry yung ride eh so na in-love agad ako.
    ------------------------------------------------

Curious lang ako. Why did you choose the Sta Fe over the Alterra considering that spacious and comfortable din yung Alterra and reliable din siya and matipid sa diesel? One concern about the Sta Fe is yung resale value, which i presume would be quite low. There are also negative comments on the Sta Fe like hindi sliding yung 2nd row seats and cramp yung 3rd row seat and konti na lang yung luggage area pag naka-open yung 3rd row seat....... Then yung price ng Sta Fe halos pareho lang sa Alterra or if may difference man hindi ganun ka laki....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_fanatic View Post
    ----------------------------------------------

For a not so positive review about the Alterra, check out the "car chart" and the "test drive summary" at www.motioncars.com There are 4 reviews and pag nabasa mo, magdadalawang isip ka about buying an Alterra.

Cnsya na di ko alam panu magpost ng direct-link.
    cant see the reviews sir just copy the actual address in the address bar here. anyway nasa tao lang naman yan how he/she cope with whatever the car has di tayo pare-pareho ng needs at purpose when buying a car & whatever the reviews i had the alterra already and driving it regularly than our 1st car ( hyundai ).

Quote Originally Posted by Ventoy View Post
    For those who needs Advice on what SUV to acquire either Fortuner or Alterra Just do some test Drive on Both Cars then follow your Heart Lasts few months ago I've done so many test Drive together with my whole family, from the current CRV 2.0 AT, Hyundai Tucson 2.0 CRDi, Srada Pick Up and the Last one was the DODGE Nitro. Actually what we are planing to get will be a Pick up then, it could be the STRADAThis could be our first Diesel engine Ride Actually we have Fortuner 2.7G , what ever bad or good comments to this Car !!!! Ok lang !!! Atleast I was able to own an SUV out of my own hard earn money !!!! Peace to alll!!! HE He
    yan ang dapat you should be happy on your decision. Sir patest drive naman ng Fortuner mo tignan ko lang sinsabi nila sa tagtag specially when passing in a hump na medyo slide pag aahon.

Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    Putik. Naging Fort Hate Thread na to ah.
    di naman sir open forum po tayo open po ako sa test drive ng Fort....

Curious lang ako. Why did you choose the Sta Fe over the Alterra considering that spacious and comfortable din yung Alterra and reliable din siya and matipid sa diesel? One concern about the Sta Fe is yung resale value, which i presume would be quite low. There are also negative comments on the Sta Fe like hindi sliding yung 2nd row seats and cramp yung 3rd row seat and konti na lang yung luggage area pag naka-open yung 3rd row seat....... Then yung price ng Sta Fe halos pareho lang sa Alterra or if may difference man hindi ganun ka laki....
    sa resale value ito pa ang mahirap idetermine sa hyundai cars halos mahal pa kasi brand new SF base unit nila sa MS.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008

Mas comfy kasi Santa Fe eh kaysa Alterra when I test drove it medyo malayo difference. The interiors are also more luxurious, leather trims even on the door sills. The interior design is better, I have no need for ICE. And damn the exterior the Sta. Fe looks like Brad Pitt (or is it the Altis ) and the Alterra looks like Pacquito Diaz... Parang yung kotse ng mga patay, ano tawag dun hearse ba? Resale value I don't put too much importance to it since we hold cars for 8 years or so, I don't buy cars to preserve value since buying cars is always a losing proposition di naman ito stocks or pieces of land where you try to make money. And lastly the SF is a truly global vehicle makikita din sya sa US (Hyundai's best seller in the US), Europe, and Australia....

Well that's me, if the Altera suits you more then go for it!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    [quote=splitfire011978;1246129]cant see the reviews sir just copy the actual address in the address bar here. anyway nasa tao lang naman yan how he/she cope with whatever the car has di tayo pare-pareho ng needs at purpose when buying a car & whatever the reviews i had the alterra already and driving it regularly than our 1st car ( hyundai ).

------------------------------------------

Ito yung nakasulat sa car chart ng www.motioncars.com

We Say...From the inside out, it's just the D-MAX with an extended roof line and more seats. Not well engineered with lots of crude bits. CRDi engine pulls hard and isn't lacking in refinement but more clattery than expected. Ride is wallowy and body control is simply unacceptable. Equipment levels are higher than competitors, but even base model is way too expensive. Home entertainment on wheels. Certainly not the best choice, nor the 2nd nor the 3rd nor the 4th.

Ito yung links sa mga reviews:

http://www.motioncars.com/drives/07...._01/index.html

http://www.motioncars.com/drives/09....6_01/index.htm

http://www.motioncars.com/drives/02....8_01/index.htm

http://www.motioncars.com/drives/04....9_01/index.htm

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [quote=auto_fanatic;1246314]
    Quote Originally Posted by splitfire011978 View Post
    cant see the reviews sir just copy the actual address in the address bar here. anyway nasa tao lang naman yan how he/she cope with whatever the car has di tayo pare-pareho ng needs at purpose when buying a car & whatever the reviews i had the alterra already and driving it regularly than our 1st car ( hyundai ).

------------------------------------------

Ito yung nakasulat sa car chart ng www.motioncars.com

We Say...From the inside out, it's just the D-MAX with an extended roof line and more seats. Not well engineered with lots of crude bits. CRDi engine pulls hard and isn't lacking in refinement but more clattery than expected. Ride is wallowy and body control is simply unacceptable. Equipment levels are higher than competitors, but even base model is way too expensive. Home entertainment on wheels. Certainly not the best choice, nor the 2nd nor the 3rd nor the 4th.

Ito yung links sa mga reviews:

http://www.motioncars.com/drives/07...._01/index.html

http://www.motioncars.com/drives/09....6_01/index.htm

http://www.motioncars.com/drives/02....8_01/index.htm

http://www.motioncars.com/drives/04....9_01/index.htm
    i cant find anything wrong with the comments based on above reviews. Positive sides merely greater than other negatives. Its clearly said it was pick-up based depende na lang sa tao yun ano need mo,purpose mo,etc in buying a car. why you will depend on 1 or 2 or 3 comments and reviews?Just test drive whatever model on your list tama yung ginawa ni Sir Tidus1203 nagtest drive sya ng nasa list nya its you who will using the car not them anyway.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i'd go for borai, tama sya mas nice ang fort kaya lang medyo nakalilito kasi may entertainment yung alterra pero sa fort wala. :=(

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Sa fortuner wala akong ibang masabi, lahat ng features niya gusto ko, maganda tingnan sa loob at labas, yung presyo acceptable naman plus siempre hindi maiaalis na toyota may value na pangalan...yung ride lang talaga...pakiramdam ko nung una kong namaneho parang gawa sa solid na goma yung gulong..parang ganun yung dating sakin

maganda nga tingnan POGI...kya lang pano nman ang riding comfort lalo na pag long distance....ang ALTERRA simple lang ang looks pero sa intertainment system pa lang at riding comfort...d mu ma feel ang pagod sa byahe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    you said money is not an issue, but you want to focus only on the two choices... hmm...

what does "money is not an issue" mean exactly?? is it:

A. you have the money to buy any car at any price??
    B. you are sticking on this price range but you can stretch it up to a few hundred thousand pesos??

if it's A:
    you want comfort, fuel efficiency, and overall performance, then go look for a higher caterogy...
    Mid-sized SUV: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-D
    Large SUV: Toyota Land Crusier 200 V8 D-4D
    Premium SUV: BMW X5 3.0d 7seater or Audi Q7 3.0TDi

but if it's B:
    go ask the family members and tally the votes which one do they want to ride, then you can have the answer. hindi ka naman magsisisi kung anu man pipiliin mo. for sure you will appreciate the vehicle kahit anu mang batikos ang marinig mo about it... they are both worth to own anyway...

or buy a coaster bus..para sakay na lahat...hehehe

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
2009 Fortuner or 2009 Alterra