New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Mazda had a display unit of the 6 in Power Plant last night. The 6 has always come across as a more compact kind of midsize sedan, and the new model follows on that tradition. It's not cramped by any means, but if you want limo-like rear legroom you might want to look elsewhere. In the short span of time I was in the car, I approved of the interior materials and the basic driving position.

My dad said it best: The Camry is for those who have chauffeurs. The 6 is for people who like driving...and the cosy, close-coupled interior reinforces that impression.

I'm just wondering why Mazda still isn't offering a V6-powered 6 on our shores.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i think mazda6 looks more elegant as if it was sculpted - kinda like the very essence of art!
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I think the fact that its a nicely equipped original CBU from Japan mid-size sedan for only P1.499M, makes it a good alternative to the common Camry.
    A similarly equipped Thailand made Camry 2.4V costs P1.646M.

About its styling.... sporty but elegant.

What I like about it, the new Mazda 6 looks great even without the excess chrome trim and fake wood trim found in its Taiwan/China/Thailand made competitors.

Camry 2.4V P1.646M
    [SIZE=3]Yep i agree that the mazda 6 is a great car. it has a slik design but in the end, i always put the design aside and think of the reliability and engineering that goes with the car. no doubt that the mazda 6 has the edge on design but at the end of the day toyota will still get my vote over the mazda any day.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]the cars that are common… are plentiful for a reason… durability. [/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    What I like about it, the new Mazda 6 looks great even without the excess chrome trim and fake wood trim found in its Taiwan/China/Thailand made competitors.
    +1.

Mazda's "piano black" interior trim makes a return on the new 6 and it still looks as good as ever. Really refreshing to the eyes, hindi "gasgas" tulad ng fake wood.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    [SIZE=3]Yep i agree that the mazda 6 is a great car. it has a slik design but in the end, i always put the design aside and think of the reliability and engineering that goes with the car. no doubt that the mazda 6 has the edge on design but at the end of the day toyota will still get my vote over the mazda any day.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]the cars that are common… are plentiful for a reason… durability. [/SIZE]
    Errh... the Camry sells well because it looks good.

Note: the new Rav4 is a Toyota, and, in fact, is a Japanese CBU, which is preferable over the Thai built Camry... but it doesn't sell as well... why? Because it looks boring.

The Mazda6 is still a car you buy to drive yourself. The Camry is the car you buy to be driven in.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I can already imagine it now...

Situation: you stop and disembark from your ride in front of a few drinking buddies. The variable is the car. What will they tell you when you get out?

Mazda 6: "Dude, nice ride!"
    Toyota Camry: "Manong, nasaan boss mo?"

:p

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I'm just wondering why Mazda still isn't offering a V6-powered 6 on our shores.
    Because there isn't one.
    For now, this is the gasoline engine lineup for the global Mazda 6:
    120PS 1.8 liter MZR inline-4
    147PS 2.0 liter MZR inline-4
    170PS 2.5 liter MZR inline-4

Like before the V6 engine will most likely be reserved for the USDM model.

Last edited by AG4; March 10th, 2008 at 06:47 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Somehow the back of that Mazda 6 has shades of Aston Martin, maybe its just me....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Errh... the Camry sells well because it looks good.

Note: the new Rav4 is a Toyota, and, in fact, is a Japanese CBU, which is preferable over the Thai built Camry... but it doesn't sell as well... why? Because it looks boring.

The Mazda6 is still a car you buy to drive yourself. The Camry is the car you buy to be driven in.
    sir, the camry will still get my vote on this. the stability and performance of toyota is very evident in the philippines. that is why they charge more on thier cars.

im the the kind of person that dont want to take the risk of better technology/appearance but the stability is unproven. i mean why buy something that your unsure of rather than the proven?

well thats my point of view.

:peace:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I also read somewhere that the MazdaSpeed 6 has been axed. I suppose that car won't be missed so much with the new V6 Mazda 6. But, the MazdaSpeed 6 had AWD. I wonder if Mazda will offer an AWD version* of the V6 as well? As for looks, I think the new Mazda 6 takes the cake. I'm not sure even the sporty packaged Camry with the body trim/spoiler can match it.

*Similar to the top end Ford Fusion with V6 and AWD.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 11th, 2008 at 07:44 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2008 Mazda 6 vs. 2007 Toyota Camry