New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just wondering. There's 2 4-cyl versions of the new Accord. One is the 177hp and the other is the 190hp. Are both models in the RP market?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gawin ko simple.

Accord= engine(VCM)

Camry= Ang ganda eh.....

Seriously.....bakit pag Honda sa makina laging may bagong pakulo.....(baka dahil engineering company sila)

Ang Toyota naman eh Camry na nga VVTI parin ang pakulo.....(Mga experts correct me na lang kung ano maiyayabang ng makina ng camry ah ) Kaya naman marami bumili ng Camry dahil maganda talaga yung kaha eh....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Comparing looks between the new Camry and Accord...... I think the new Accord looks as much a mommy-car as the Camry. The previous gen Accord looked sportier. Otherwise, the USDM Camry V6 XLE in full sports trim still looks much cleaner. Roadholding is also on par with the Accord sedan. Both the Accord and the XLE V6 Camry have skidpad figures of 0.81 g versus 0.77 g for a generic 4-cyl/V6 Camry. I've seen quite a number of the XLE V6 Camrys speeding along Arizona roads.

From bp2.blogger.com:

Of course, the new Mazda 6 V6 will have both cars beat in the looks department.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 15th, 2008 at 04:54 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i think what we have here is your 177Hp which now locally is rated at 180Hp.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Some random thoughts.......
    USDM Camry XLE V6 with factory option sports trim

Actually, I've seen a number of 4-cyl Camrys with this body trim as well. I could tell because the 4-bangers don't have dual exhaust tips.

I still think it's simpler/cleaner looking than the new Accord. Handling-wise, this stiffer Camry should be the equal of the Accord sedan.

Maybe it's because I looked at the concept pictures/artist renderings last year which showed a much sportier-looking Accord than what actually came off the factory.

KBR has a V6 Camry. Not sure if it's the XLE with the stiffer suspension. Maybe he can give a detailed account of its handling. NorCal has plenty of mountain roads and twisties as well.

I've seen plenty of Camry drivers fling their cars around up those mountain roads beyond the posted speed limit. That's why I have to wonder, what exactly kind of driving one has to do to see these differences in handling outside of a track?

I've read the reviews and I'm looking outside at reality. Something just doesn't add up.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Here's a video comparing the Accord and the Camry. You need to click the link on top of the small YouTube screen...apparently, embedding of the video is disabled.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ1C-ipDKgo&feature=related"]YouTube - 2008 Honda Accord EX vs. 2007 Toyota Camry SE[/ame]
    Last edited by bynnos; March 16th, 2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: unable to embed video

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bynnos View Post
    Here's a video comparing the Accord and the Camry. You need to click the link on top of the small YouTube screen...apparently, embedding of the video is disabled.

"The Toyota seemed a little firmer. The Accord has a slightly softer ride" Even I didn't expect that.

The Accord has:
    - 1 less gear than the Camry
    - no manumatic
    - slower than the Camry despite having 5 more hp

Why Motor Trend picked the 2008 Accord:
    *better fuel economy; has cylinder shutdown technology
    *better ride
    *larger cabin
    *better radio

Seems like the Accord won by being a better Camry than the Camry, rather than having better performance......

At least that what it looks like to me. Anyone see something different?
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 16th, 2008 at 04:58 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Some random thoughts.......
    USDM Camry XLE V6 with factory option sports trim

Actually, I've seen a number of 4-cyl Camrys with this body trim as well. I could tell because the 4-bangers don't have dual exhaust tips.

I still think it's simpler/cleaner looking than the new Accord. Handling-wise, this stiffer Camry should be the equal of the Accord sedan.

Maybe it's because I looked at the concept pictures/artist renderings last year which showed a much sportier-looking Accord than what actually came off the factory.

KBR has a V6 Camry. Not sure if it's the XLE with the stiffer suspension. Maybe he can give a detailed account of its handling. NorCal has plenty of mountain roads and twisties as well.

I've seen plenty of Camry drivers fling their cars around up those mountain roads beyond the posted speed limit. That's why I have to wonder, what exactly kind of driving one has to do to see these differences in handling outside of a track?

I've read the reviews and I'm looking outside at reality. Something just doesn't add up.
    hey Jun, I have the Camry SE V6 (Sport Edition). and yup, the suspension on the SE model is alot more stiffer. specially if you put 18" wheels and lower profile tires.. the Camry (wether if its a 4 banger or a V6) can take sharp corners pretty good

also, only the Camry SE's have the sport suspension and a body kit (or spoiler kit). the LE and XLE however, is the ''Luxury" model and dont come w/ a sport suspension or a body kit. also, the SE's doesnt come w/ Leather trim, only on the XLE or optional on the LE.

aite, peace.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    hey Jun, I have the Camry SE V6 (Sport Edition). and yup, the suspension on the SE model is alot more stiffer. specially if you put 18" wheels and lower profile tires.. the Camry (wether if its a 4 banger or a V6) can take sharp corners pretty good

also, only the Camry SE's have the sport suspension and a body kit (or spoiler kit). the LE and XLE however, is the ''Luxury" model and dont come w/ a sport suspension or a body kit. also, the SE's doesnt come w/ Leather trim, only on the XLE or optional on the LE.

aite, peace.
    I was a little confused about Camry models and options. Oh well.

Anyway not too long ago, we were driving up a mountain pass. Next thing I saw in the rearview mirror was a previous-gen Nissan Altima 3.5SE with a Camry V6 riding its tail. The Camry's layout looked just like the one in the pic I posted.

That part of the road was curvy and climbing with a 50 mph speed limit. I was doing 60 mph. But, those two had to be doing at least 100 mph.

I was passing a semi when I noticed them behind. I remember it well because I just barely got back to the slow lane when they zoomed past me, "WHOOSH, WHOOSH!" and they were gone. My jaw was left hanging at their recklessness. I didn't even have time to give them the bird.

The Altima's a pretty good handling car. You'd think it'd lose the Camry in those curves. Nope. That Camry stuck to him like glue, kicking butt and taking names.

It kinda shattered my image of the Camry as a poor-handling car.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I was a little confused about Camry models and options. Oh well.

Anyway not too long ago, we were driving up a mountain pass. Next thing I saw in the rearview mirror was a previous-gen Nissan Altima 3.5SE with a Camry V6 riding its tail. The Camry's layout looked just like the one in the pic I posted.

That part of the road was curvy and climbing with a 50 mph speed limit. I was doing 60 mph. But, those two had to be doing at least 100 mph.

I was passing a semi when I noticed them behind. I remember it well because I just barely got back to the slow lane when they zoomed past me, "WHOOSH, WHOOSH!" and they were gone. My jaw was left hanging at their recklessness. I didn't even have time to give them the bird.

The Altima's a pretty good handling car. You'd think it'd lose the Camry in those curves. Nope. That Camry stuck to him like glue, kicking butt and taking names.

It kinda shattered my image of the Camry as a poor-handling car.

hehehe, its all good bro! but damn! so the Camry and the Altima was just goin at it huh! lolz! I remember when I was drivin my Camry at I-5 going towards San Diego (but I was around LA already at the time) when this '06-'07 Honda Accord tried to race me. it was a V6 Accord (you can tell on the dual exhaust that they have, just like the Camry V6) and it was pretty fixed up. but anywayz, we went at it from 70 mph all the way to 135 mph. but then I left him easy since I went up to 145 mph (governed speed limit on the Camry). the Accord wouldnt go past 135-140 mph, so I was GONE!

also, to let you know I took a slight right hand curve on the freeway at 145 mph (and I got surprised on how well the Camry handled, specially on high speeds)... and that was on my stock 215/55ZR17 tires!

aite, peace.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2008 Honda Accord or Toyota Camry