New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I just read a copy of the latest Top Gear magazine where they featured the new Accord. I think its already Philippine spec accord since the shoot was done on local roads. So I think the new Accord should be coming very soon.

If you were to choose between the two models, which one would you want more?

Anyone know the specs/pricing of the Accord? I'm curious and like to compare it with the Camry which is an excellent car already for me.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i havent seen yet the new accord..but its going to be the accord for me...

i was a proud owner of the accord before....sisi nga ako bakit ko binenta eh...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The new Accord really looks promising surely it will give the Camry a run for it money. The new VCM 643 looks promising too....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    The Toyota Camry is super reliable. The ride is really smooth, and the transmission lasts for a lifetime.

The Honda Accord is sporty, smooth, but it is known for transmission problems.

[

camry specs: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2008/...pecifications/

accord specs: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2008/...pecifications/

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hmm.. well, I guess that you need to go check out both cars in person and do a test drive (do they offer Test Drives on NEW cars in the Philippines???), check out their pricing (who gotz the most BANG! for the buck) and then decide on what car you want to buy.

but then for me of course, I would choose a Camry. hehee, siyempre meron ako eh! lolz! it has everything that me and my wifey needs. we have an '07 SE V6 w/ the 6 speed Auto w/ sport shift. and I tell you, the Camry is pretty fast (specially for its class.. and I already pushed mine to 145 MPH easy), it shifts smooth and it handles very well, it is stable on high speeds and the brakes are pretty strong and well distributed.

also, the interior space on the Camry is good. its very spacious, it has a lot of leg & head room, specially the rear seats. and the Ergonomics, HVAC's, & Stereo system is easy to use and its not cluttered.

anywayz, we already put about 17K Miles on our Camry (its already a Year old) but it still feels the same when we first bought it w/ only 4 Miles. and the only worn out parts on the car so far is the stock tires and some 'lil scratches on the front & rear bumpers.. but thats normal though.

aite, peace.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Please add the new Mazda 6 to the comparo as well. But I think they will offer it in 2.5L variant only.

I think I should try to test drive them soon

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the 2.4L is priced at around 1.6M+ and the 3.5L V6-VCM is at around 1.9M+. mas mahal sa camry ung 2.4L pero mas mura ung V6 nito kaysa sa camry. i think toyota is becoming too overpriced.
    it's larger than the camry. americans can't classify this accord as a compact. its wheelbase is 2800mm, which is 100mm longer than that of the pilot and the civic.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    This would be my order of preferrence:

3rd Accord
    2nd Mazda 6
    1st Camry

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_32188 View Post
    the 2.4L is priced at around 1.6M+ and the 3.5L V6-VCM is at around 1.9M+. mas mahal sa camry ung 2.4L pero mas mura ung V6 nito kaysa sa camry. i think toyota is becoming too overpriced.
    it's larger than the camry. americans can't classify this accord as a compact. its wheelbase is 2800mm, which is 100mm longer than that of the pilot and the civic.
    Because it's NOT a compact. It's a midsize car.

Technically, under US guidelines, the dimensions of the Accord make it a large car---definitely NOT compact

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    2008 Honda Accord 3.5 S-V V6 VCM vs Toyota Camry 3.5Q V6

Between the two, I'd pick the Accord.

From the Suspension alone, the 5K extra is simply more than worth it. Front Double Wishbones versus the Camry's MacPherson struts?! Heck Toyota! Throw it back to the Vios. Give it something the Camry deserves. Rear suspension? Still at Accord's favor, Multi-link versus Dual-link Struts. The Camry's basic suspension geometry is actually identical to the rather sporty but now defunct Ford Lynx, but I have yet to find someone who actually think that the Camry is indeed sporty. Traction Control is standard on both V6 cars.

Straightline performance may favor the Camry's better power to weight ratio and six forward gears. But knowing Toyota which would favor silky smooth shifts over fast accelaration may happen to favor Accord which in its history actually has some jerky quick up and downshift in a hunt for a faster acceleration but still thrifty in gas though. The Accord is some 51Kgs heavier than the equivalent V6 Camry.
    VCM is another good feature of the Accord. Granting that the Camry V6 is faster, I'm sure the Accord V6 is thriftier in gasoline consumption.

Features is just about the same, but the Accord is more younger in its content. Moonroof, front power seats, LCD monitor, Aux equipped HU, 6 versus 4 Airbags for the Camry etc. The Camry is more luxurified, power f & r seats, rear AC vents, illuminated footwell entry, smart keyless entry, engine start and stop feature. Some uber luxury items that are, well..... uber.

Styling, take your pick. I'd actually think the Camry is still more handsome but the Accord is fresher, more unique, more of where the trend is going.

2008 Honda Accord 2.4 S vs 2008 Mazda 6 2.5L vs Toyota Camry 2.4V

Accord-P 1.645M
    6-P 1.499M
    Camry-P 1.646M, P 1.661M Pearl White Mica

On 4 cylinder issue, I'd take the 6 as 1st, Accord 2nd and Camry last.

The thing about the 4cyl Camry is, it is so pricey. If I were to give an exact rating with the V6 counterparts earlier it would have been 95-92% favor of the Accord. Price issue on 4cylinder variants would widen the gap for me to say, 95-94-90% for the 6, Accord and Camry, respectively. The arrival of the much more value oriented and feature packed 4 cylinder 2008 Mazda6 2.5L and 2008 Honda Accord 2.4 S adds confirmation to the Camry being a bit too pricey.

Safety would be the unavailability of extra Airbags. In the Camry, you would be getting two while in the Accord even the much more cheaper 6 offers six airbags. Traction Control are also not found in the Camry which are also offered standard in its rivals.

Performance in acceleration, if the Camry V6 is lighter than the Accord V6, the same holds true for 4 cylinder models but the Mazda6 2.5L is lighter still than both of them. Weighing at 1470kgs, it is about 50-100 kilos lighter than Camry and Accord respectively. The Accord is actually quite porky this time around. Power to weight should favor Mazda. All of these mid size sedan features a 5 speed automatic transmission. Only the Mazda offers a manual override feature or more commonly known as manumatic feature.

Suspension, the Accord and 6 will run circles on the Camry. I don't think that the strut suspension will ride much better than the finer suspension of its rivals, if it then, then that may be part due to a higher aspec ratio of its tires (60mm versus 50mm for the Accord and 6). With better suspension set ups and bigger foot print (17s versus 16 of the Camry), either of the two will easily beat the Camry as the King of the Hill..... and winding roads before you get to the hill. The Mazda's compact size is more likable IMO, giving you as much room without much of the bulk. You feel more connected to it unlike the barge feeling of the competition. Partly because the Mazda is marketed as something owner driven type. And you wouldn't wanna drive a car you feel is so bulky, right?

Features, these cars are nicely equipped with all the essential niceties expected of its class. Major turn off for the Mazda6 is the omission of the Xenon lights which is mostly standard affair on this segment nowadays. But heck! Its more than a hundred thousand cheaper than most of its rivals so just buy it in the aftermarket. Other than that, most of the other important items are present, rain sensing wipers, auto headlamps, leather, accented interiors, power seats and even a sunroof which is a Mazda exclusive. Camry and the Accord offers much about the same but adds side mirror signal indicators and a power folding side mirrors but Camry trumps the competition with a power rear seats and rear vents which truly is very luxurious.

Styling is subjective. Won't discuss much but the sporty bodykit of the Mazda6 as well as it is fresh without trying to be overly imaginative in the case of the Accord. The Camry despite a 2006 release is still handsome. But with the new Mazda 6 and Accord in the fray, the styling is more describable as being safe and clean.

Safe and clean it may be, but the Camry still proves to be the country's favorite two years running (the previous Mazda6 is actually a very far 2nd). With the introduction of two of its stiffest rivals, the Camry should not rest on its laurels and TMPI should do something bout its rather stratospheric price.

*pics c/o motioncars.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2008 Honda Accord or Toyota Camry