New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    disagree ako dyan. I have korean executive friend, and he said that ssangyong is a premier brand in korea and that hyundai is like a "low class" car manufacturer there. Indeed hyundai sta fe gas is what earned alot of awards but their crdi is a bit behind in techology, in fact it is classified as only 1st gen crdi, while sorento is 2nd gen and rexton is already 3rd gen crdi. The only problem with rexton is priced and that what they have in the philippines are not fully featured suv like in korea and australia. By the way my relative in middle east say alot of rich arabs has rexton as their main offroad suv (sigure yung bmw x5 pamporma nila) hehehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Yung kapitbahay ko na Korean na representative ng Ssangyong rito eh may Rexton II sya(kulay black)....Ok naman sya though hawig rin ng unang Rexton..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes ok sa ibang bansa..but nasa pilipinas tayo...ibang iba ang perception ng pinoy sa Ssangyong...good luck with the resale too :rofl01:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm not an arab and I'm not even a korean. lol.

Anyway, I go for Hyundai Sta. Fe on this one. Still no confidence on the ssangyong brand.

peace out!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Hindi ko pa nakikita yang Rexton na yan but this Ssangyong reminds me of that ugly Stavic...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Parang okay ang pagka black nya. Kaya lang paano service center nya if you live outside Metro Manila, kailangan pang mag travel ng Quezon Ave for servicing? I still prefer Sta Fe!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hmm cguro pag un Rexton eh palitan ng mags magiging astig na itsura nun

Crappy looking mags kc

But ride is good and maganda nga ang NVH...d ko lng alam un sa Santa Fe. I haven't driven one.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i have quite a big family .... ( but not too big to require a starex or a grandia )

1.) if we plan to take one vehicle for long weekend trips ( batangas, tagaytay , subic etc ) would the santa fe be able to take that kind of usage ? 5 adults , 3 small kids ?

cabin space between the two are more or less the same...it's just a question of which one is more sturdy over time.

2.) any feedback on parts availability for Ssangyong vehicles ?

so far , its a dead tie...
    my wife was bowled over by the "volvo-like" interiors of the rexton.
    i have doubts over reliability,service support,
    my wife sees a lot of santa fe on the road and comments that it must be good if people are buying them
    i prefer a " be different " approach

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Neither one of them are really suited to ferrying 8 people. In a pinch [and if they don't wear their seatbelts], yes, but not for long hauls.

No idea on the actual measurement of interior room in either vehicles (measured in cubic feet or liters) but the Santa Fe has more usable space. Third row on the Rexton is almost a joke just as it is on most truck-based SUV's (including mega utes like the Toyo Land Cruiser and Nissan Patrol). The Santa Fe's monocoque construction is more space efficient.

Both vehicles use a mostly hard plastic interior (no pressed vinyl covering lawanit boards) and should be able to stand up to abuse [but at the expense of looking a bit cheap]. The interior of our MB100 (aka Ssangyong Istana) has survived ten years and 120k++ kms with no incident. Only the battery box locks were broken when our former driver seemed to have failed to read the section in the owner's manual pertaining to the procedures regarding unlocking the battery cover.

Major parts like the engine, transmission, etc. for the Rexton can be acquired either from the Ssangyong dealer, Mercedes Benz dealer (it's the same unit used in the ML270 CDI) or third party stores specializing in either one. Consumables (filters, belts, etc.) are available from third parties. It's the trim and body parts that may be harder to find over time.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi vs. Ssanyong Rexton RX270 XDi