New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    which is better between the two in terms of luxury, convenience, ride quality, engine power and performance, fuel consumption and value for money?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For road use, the Santa Fe is better. It is also the fresher of the two designs having been launched worldwide only this year.

The Rexton has been in the market for quite a while. It has always been the underdog of the market. It's engine is the same engine in the diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee and some diesel variants of the Mercedes Benz ML class of SUV's. The transmission is either by Mercedes or Borg Warner. Lots of nice details inside (LED multimeter, lots of storage space, etc.) but isn't really much in the looks department. Much like the Sorento, the Rexton is a body on frame SUV with a dual range transfer case. Something designed for more serious off road use than the Santa Fe's unibody construction and single range all wheel drive system.

I'd take the Santa Fe over the Rexton.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Like otep said, the rexton is a dated design. May nakikita na akong tumatakbo ng rexton II dito, you might want to wait for that.

Heres what it looks like: http://autoreview.belproject.com/item/32

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    just came from ssangyong quezon ave and hyundai quezon ave. we test drove the rexton and the santa fe. what can i say is that the ride of the rexton is as comfortable as the sante fe, not bouncy and very car-like indeed. pagdating sa hatawan at hatak, rexton is the more powerful. the rexton boasts of a maximum hp of 165 ps/4000 rpm and a maximum torque of 340 nm/2400rpm while the santa fe has a maximum hp of 150 ps/400rpm and a maximum torque of 335 nm/2500 rpm. as for the interior, the rexton still has the advantage. inside it you feel like you're inside a bmw x5, lots of nice details, including the digital multimeter. the santa fe also has a nice interior, but it lacks what the rexton has, a head unit which has a lcd monitor integrated with it. the head unit has rds radio, cd-r and cd-rw capable, mp3 capable and dvd capable. the head unit is also capable of becoming a gps navigator if the gps-based navigation becomes available here in the philippines. the rexton also is more maluwang than the santa fe. it also has more legroom in the 3rd row seats than the santa fe. sa nvh naman, mas maganda pa rin ang rexton. sa engine noise, mas tahimik yung sa rexton kahit din sa labas. as for the exterior, mas maganda santa fe. mas may dating ang exterior ng santa fe. if i were to choose between the two, i'd choose the rexton because of luxury, convenience, engine performance and value for money. tsaka ok na rin reliability ng mga korean cars, at par na rin with japanese cars.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If the comparison is between a santa fe 2007 and the rexton II, i think it is a dead tie....

i wish i could have a santa fe exterior with the gadget-laden interior of the rexton II

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    Like otep said, the rexton is a dated design. May nakikita na akong tumatakbo ng rexton II dito, you might want to wait for that.

Heres what it looks like: http://autoreview.belproject.com/item/32

ah ok yan yun nakasabay ko days ago. maganda tindig nyan rexton II. napa-stare talaga ako

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bump

just test drove a Rexton. still waiting to test drive a Santa Fe.
    dami na bang Rexton II out there ? Santa Fes are becoming popular.
    Rexton II is about 100K more expensive than SF 4X4 CRDI

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonic View Post
    bump

just test drove a Rexton. still waiting to test drive a Santa Fe.
    dami na bang Rexton II out there ? Santa Fes are becoming popular.
    Rexton II is about 100K more expensive than SF 4X4 CRDI
    Bumaba na pala price ng Rexton. 2-3 years ago parang nasa 2M+ yata price. Yan kasi at Sorento ang pinagpipilian namin ni misis. Gusto ni misis ang Rexton dahil sa luxurious interior nya kaya lang turn off ako sa power rating niya that time which is 120Hp lang which para sa akin underpowered sa bigat nya. Kung available lang Rexton CRDI siguro that time baka nagbago pa decision ko.
    BTW, sikat yata ang rexton sa malaysia.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Santa Fe hahahaha

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i see a rexton here at la naman dating itsura. lalo na come resale time, SSangyong brand..para sa maraming tao baka mas baba pa tingin kesa kia.

of cors pag marunong sa sasakyan ok pero iilan lang ba may alam compared sa mga regular drivers at buyers.

sta fe ka nalang at least mas ok perception ng mga tao sa hyundai.

at mas ok sagutin sa question na 'what do you drive?' ang 'hyundai' kesa 'ssangyong' haha baka sabihan ka, 'a what?' :rofl01:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi vs. Ssanyong Rexton RX270 XDi