New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hey guys please post your preference.
    crv 2.0 m/t - 1.19M vs Sta Fe - 1.528M

which would you choose and why?
    your inputs will really help me to decide.

Thanks

crv or sf

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sta. Fe brings a smile to you and not the masses. Plus the diesel engine is awesome and another extra 3rd row seats.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i wish I can have both in our garage. both are thrifty in fc. both are elegant-looking. the CRV never ceases to amaze me pag nakikita ko sa daan. it's like a European volvo with a Jap twist.

if I'm to choose which to buy 1st, CRV 4x2 muna before the Santa Fe. but since I already have the Santa Fe, I still prefer the new CRV over my current ride.

there's something about this CRV that'll surely give me an advantage in Manila Traffic. parang X-wing baga, weave in and out kasi tamang-tama lang ang size nya. The Santa Fe really feels wide to drive. parati ako nagpaparaya sa mga tight spots kasi baka magasgasan

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's a pretty big price gap we're looking at. Even size-wise they're not in the same league. The SF is bordering on the mid-size category already.

If price is an issue, the CR-V is already a competent vehicle on its own. Though I'd probably spring for its other competitors at the same price bracket.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i presume that cost is not an issue for you, then you have to consider your choice as to how you are goin to utilize your future suv. if looking for a seven seater, diesel fed, then santa fe wins over CRV. if you prefer a gas type and a japanese badge, crv is for you.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Though I haven't had the opportunity to drive the 07 CRV yet, I'd choose the Sta Fe for the Jekyl and Hyde CRDi w/ VGT engine (fuel-efficient but very powerful); 5+2 seating and the self-leveling suspension.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As the others have said, they're not in the same price or size bracket. The CRV is priced lower and it seats only five.

In terms of which car is better... the Santa Fe, of course. It has more features, individually controlled vents for the second and third rows, a fold-flat third row, nice seats.

There are some questionable touches, such as the mix of fake satin woodtrim and silver, but then, I don't like the CRV's silver door handles either.

Both vehicles drive reasonably well, the CRV handles a little more tidily than old CRVs, but doesn't have any advantage over the Santa Fe in terms of handling. The Santa Fe's suspension feels a tad more supple and controlled... the CRV's is typically Japanese-stiff... but not uncomfortable. The Santa Fe's 2.2 CRDi engine is much more flexible than the CRV's R20 engine (which needs to be revved hard for maximum power), and the CRV's six speed gearshift is clumsy when you're trying to go from fifth to sixth.

As for resale value... well... the more expensive the vehicle, the more you lose in absolute resale... but diesel SUVs tend to hold value better than gasoline SUVs... the CR-V being the notable exception to the rule.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    santa fe is the best choice.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I'll choose the SF with 3rd row seating. Sorry, no offend, di ko talaga type yung looks ng CRV, our neighbor just bought a new white one.

Advantage ng CRV? resale value.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Santa Fe for me too.

The CRV's current styling is iffy, to say the least. It only looks good in black, all the other colors highlight that gaping maw in front as well as that hideous butt. Interiors look nice though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2007 CRV or 2.2 Hyundai Sante Fe?