New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hi guys! I am planning to buy a used SUV and i am torn between the tucson (A/T) and xtrail (A/T). if my budget allows, i would readily get the crv. I currently own hondas - jazz/fit and civic. In the past I owned mitsubishi and toyota cars, hence, i don't have any experience on any of these two car brands. Gentlemen, I need your honest opinion/advise as regards to my dilemma. On the "looks" department, i both like their exterior and interior. So, perhaps we will dwell on the following variables: fuel consumption, handling and comfort, maintenance cost, and availability of parts.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I'm for the Xtrail of that age. Xtrail 200 (fwd) should serve your needs well. It has clever features such as anti-dent front fenders, interior can be hosed clean c/o jersey fabric upholstery, cooled drink holders. 200X and 250X variants should give you a very sophisticated 4wd systems.

You might wanna watch this comparison of small SUVs of that era c/o fifth gear

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Great video, basti! It clearly shows the strengths of the Xtrail. I wonder how many local owners of the Xtrail AWD will ever drive theirs like Vicki and Tiff.

Another vote for the Xtail. Plus points knowing that Nissan has lower resale value in the country.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *basti: thanks for your reply, I appreciate it so much.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between the two, Xtrail definitely for me. It also appears age better than the Tucson.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Banawe madami din parts for xtrail fuel consumption expect mo na 6-8 km/l city, kaya naman mag 10km/l + sa expressway. advise ko lang if fixed ka na sa xtrail mix city and province get the 250x na :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree on getting a 250X if you can find one.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkan View Post
    Banawe madami din parts for xtrail fuel consumption expect mo na 6-8 km/l city, kaya naman mag 10km/l + sa expressway. advise ko lang if fixed ka na sa xtrail mix city and province get the 250x na :D
    One of the main issues about the xtrail is FC, if the 200X gets a low mileage per liter of gas, then the 250X obviously gets a lower rating. I wonder why you are suggesting the 250X. thanks.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung small lang difference in FC ng Xtrail 200 with either 200X or 250X, you might as well get the TOTL model (250X) as you get all the best features and sa used market, halos same lang price nila.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by conzky View Post
    One of the main issues about the xtrail is FC, if the 200X gets a low mileage per liter of gas, then the 250X obviously gets a lower rating. I wonder why you are suggesting the 250X. thanks.
    You will have to confirm with Xtrail owners but the feedback i have been getting is that the 2.0L and 2.5L are not too far apart when it comes to fuel consumption (unless in really heavy traffic).

If i were to use the 2003/2004 Camry 2.0 and 2.4L as a basis of comparison, the FC on those two variants were pretty much similar (at 6km/L++ in the city) and the 2.0L owners wished for the added power of the 2.4 on highway driving and when they load up the car. The Ford Escape 2.3 and 2.0 are also another sample of the bigger displacement unit having better FC.

There was a time when i wanted the 250X then i would have added nice lightweight 18 inch rims (the 350Z rims look great on it too) and a good set of aftermarket shocks... coupled with all wheel drive and good power it should be a good drive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast