The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    xtrail din for me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by conzky View Post
    *basti: thanks for your reply, I appreciate it so much.
    No prob bro ;)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    One of the main issues about the xtrail is FC, if the 200X gets a low mileage per liter of gas, then the 250X obviously gets a lower rating. I wonder why you are suggesting the 250X. thanks.
    if concern sa FC, much better get ka nalang ng 200 wala 4WD un unlike ng 200x na mas mabigat un meron ganun

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    One of the main issues about the xtrail is FC, if the 200X gets a low mileage per liter of gas, then the 250X obviously gets a lower rating. I wonder why you are suggesting the 250X. thanks.
    The Xtrail 200 should be the thriftiest. It's just FWD. Makes it lighter than its siblings. As for me, i still would go for the 200 variant. Unless you find leather, auto AC, 4wd and the hyper roofrails very appealing. If you can, find an 08 version because even the interior of that model is facelifted. goodluck.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    You will have to confirm with Xtrail owners but the feedback i have been getting is that the 2.0L and 2.5L are not too far apart when it comes to fuel consumption (unless in really heavy traffic).

If i were to use the 2003/2004 Camry 2.0 and 2.4L as a basis of comparison, the FC on those two variants were pretty much similar (at 6km/L++ in the city) and the 2.0L owners wished for the added power of the 2.4 on highway driving and when they load up the car. The Ford Escape 2.3 and 2.0 are also another sample of the bigger displacement unit having better FC.

There was a time when i wanted the 250X then i would have added nice lightweight 18 inch rims (the 350Z rims look great on it too) and a good set of aftermarket shocks... coupled with all wheel drive and good power it should be a good drive.
    *vinj: thanks for your inputs. very informative indeed.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    The Xtrail 200 should be the thriftiest. It's just FWD. Makes it lighter than its siblings. As for me, i still would go for the 200 variant. Unless you find leather, auto AC, 4wd and the hyper roofrails very appealing. If you can, find an 08 version because even the interior of that model is facelifted. goodluck.
    Although I'm getting only one side of the coin, my clouded mind seems to be clearing up a bit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I own and drive a 2006 4x2 X-Trail.

If you do choose one, I'd suggest you have someone with you to inspect the state of these components:

Drive shaft pulley
    LH/RH velocity bearings (they tend to squeak over time)
    Aux fan motor
    Throttle chamber (a dirty one can contribute to rough idling)

Had some of those problems for my ride, but these started only a few years ago and my X-Trail (4x2) still runs great.

HTH!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    crdi na yung tux?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I own and drive a 2006 4x2 X-Trail.

If you do choose one, I'd suggest you have someone with you to inspect the state of these components:

Drive shaft pulley
    LH/RH velocity bearings (they tend to squeak over time)
    Aux fan motor
    Throttle chamber (a dirty one can contribute to rough idling)

Had some of those problems for my ride, but these started only a few years ago and my X-Trail (4x2) still runs great.

HTH!
    *altis: thanks a lot for the tip. it will surely help come decision time. And btw, how do you find the cost of maintaining your xtrail, if I may ask? thanks.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    For practicality, I'd take the Tucson.

One thing I don't like about the Xtrail is it's very bad NVH.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast