New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's that time of the year again
    downgrading from my current ride (ford focus -- love the ride and drive but need the cash more so... byebye)

narrowed it down to these two. the city coz its fuel efficient and easy to drive (something i now appreciate after going small again) and the sedona for the space and the fact that it's diesel (i used to own a carnival so i know the quirks of this particular model). i don't really need the space but i do miss being able to load anything whenever the situation arises (coming from a carnival/patrol then owning a ford focus -- medyo limiting the stuff that i can load... bikes hardly fit, if we buy furniture i have to have it delivered..etc). the units i'm looking at have basically the same price. the sedona seems to be a lot of car for the money. the city, on the other hand, seems like a very practical choice (a good friend of mine and my bro-in-law are very happy w/ it). family of four (5 and 6yr old kids), mostly city use w/ occasional out-of-towners... your thoughts? i know they're totally different cars but an outsider's perspective would help in making my decision. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Mukang malalaki na mga anak mo for a smaller sedan. Pano kung me sumabit pa?

Baka kasi prob ang parts nyan Sedona. Ask d seller kung pede patingin sa casa. Or look for other Van/AUV/MPV.
    Last edited by hominid; November 19th, 2007 at 07:03 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, since you're acquainted with the quirks of the Sedona, I suggest that you go for it. Although the City would be easier to drive in the, ehem, city, due to its size, and would be more economical, and despite its flexible back seat, I don't think it can swallow as much cargo as the Sedona. For your out of town trips, I'd prefer a bigger ride for more options.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Practically speaking..I think the Sedona will be a good option. Parang Do-it-all...plus the fact that you are aware of the quality of Kia's Carnival, I guess you would'nt be suprised or disappointed. Good Luck on your choice.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hominid
    my kids actually missed the carnival when i sold it 3yrs ago, mobile play area kasi nila... but part of the reason din i sold it was, nakakahalata ako. everytime me out-of-town nobody brings a car anymore and ginagawa akong driver! lahat nag uunahan to ride w/ us

i know where to get the parts naman, way cheaper then casa

IMm29 & DonT
    thaks and completely agree. kaya lang the sedona at the same price of the city is manual (w/c i forgot to mention) so medyo torn pa din... no rush pa naman though. will update here when i've made my decision. thanks!

2003 Kia Sedona vs. 03/04 Honda City iDSI