New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    iv read comparison between a patrol and fortuner..iv asked if tucson is better than a fortuner..i thought maybe tucson is better, but now i saw a 2002 PATROL almost the same price as a brandnew tucson..what will you choose if you were to buy ???

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    patrol

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    tama, Patrol na!!!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    no brainer patrol.. resale palang panalong panalo!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Test drive both first. Personally, Patrol for me. Hands down, no contest, not even close.

Some things may become issues for you if you chose the Patrol:
    -no warranty (as is, where is)
    -you have to check vehicle condition yourself
    -you have no idea how previous owners used/abused vehicle
    -is it a stolen vehicle?

Aside from that, think about where you will take the vehicle. The Patrol is a truck and it will not hide that fact from you. Every kilometer you drive it, it will tell you what it is and what it's made of. For such a large vehicle, the cabin is surprisingly cramped and everything looks dated by modern standards.

A Tucson feels more handy, easier to park, easier to zip through traffic. Lots of handy interior nooks and cranny for your odds and ends. The underfloor storage compartment really helps keep the interior tidy, the Patrol doesn't have it so you have to find creative ways to store stuff you keep in your car (EWD, first aid kit, tow rope, jumper cables, etc.). Otherwise, they just become 'kalat' in the Patrol's cabin.

I'm willing to live with its shortcomings, though. Patrol pa din. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

its the matter of name and matter of worry free..
    the patrol stands out talaga, every common juan want one...pero tucson is a brand-new vehicle, 3-years, 100 thou kms warranty, sine brand-new, di na din worry kung carnap/ung rehistro for the next 3 years..a year of comprehensive insurance, and a cheaper fuel guzzler than the patrol..

if the patrol is in imaculate condition, well, cant be still sure, the question still, why is it being sold already?

for me, if i want worry free ownership i'll take the tucson...but kung i'm willing to take the risk, patrol na lang....sikat ka pa!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm pretty apprehensive about fording 2 1/2 foot flood waters with a Tucson and not sure whether it can climb stairs like my current Pajero. The Patrol can do both with ease.

But then again, the Tucson might be a more relaxed everyday car. Not as likely to get stolen as a Patrol, too.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

bagong sorento na naka vgt nalang....or santa fe!

gumaganda naman na korean...fortuner ata iniipit parin ng toyota, including ata din ung new hi-ace iniipit nila...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I like them both,

Patrol: space, ground clearance (pang-baha pati), pang family &/or barkada trip, stroll;

Tucson: limited space for only 5, but like the style, torquey CRDi engine (for the diesel)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung for city / suburban / highway driving... I'd go for the Tucson.... it's nimble, roomy & quite versatile too.

but if you want truck toughness, water fording capability, and offroading prowess... and is willing to live with the largish profile... stiffer suspension... slower acceleration... then the Patrol is for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2002 PATROL or TUCSON ??