New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    here hindi lang turbo ang nasisira sa mga patrol, pati injection pump which costs around 140k. Usually sa 1st gen GU ang may mga problema around 6 units na nag ka problema dito about 30% of the 1st gen sold here. Some are sold already na in different parts of the country others pinag tyaga-an ng owner with extended warranty from the dealer. 6 lang ang personally kilala namin na nasira-an, not counting ang mga hindi kilala. Usually it starts sa check engine light. Diba boybi na experience mo na to check engine light buti na lang EGR ba yon sira lang. maybe may mga lemons lang out there.

Also the Fortuner is a true SUV, it has the genes of a LC, it shares the same front suspension set-up, full time 4wd (torsen limited center diff) as the latest generation or 120 series Prado.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    My friend sold his Patrol last year (presidential series, i think that was the name ) because after 1 year of using it. Burst of black smoke comes out of his tailpipe whenever he tries to overtake.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    patok ang fortuner sa mga tsinoy cos of the name, bka it will bring good fortune hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    Diba boybi na experience mo na to check engine light buti na lang EGR ba yon sira lang. maybe may mga lemons lang out there.
    yup, yung MAF sensor ang nasira sa akin. and i think it was caused by the Finer Filter i installed.

Quote Originally Posted by andre
    My friend sold his Patrol last year (presidential series, i think that was the name ) because after 1 year of using it. Burst of black smoke comes out of his tailpipe whenever he tries to overtake.
    malamang MAF sensor din ang problem nito. under warranty pa naman yung patrol, sayang naman at binenta.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    mas marami problems pag 2nd hand. gamble din pag minalas mas mapapamahal at sasakit pa ulo mo, kahit na gaano kaalaga may wear and tear parin. iba ang brand new may warranty kang hahabulin. imho lang, am also waiting for my unit, :car:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    my answer to your questions?

very simple 6 letters one word

P-A-T-R-O-L

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    end of topic :D

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    dear guys

my friend is selling me his 2001 patrol with only 36T on the odometer. i had the vehicle checked at a nissan dealer this afternoon and after the computer diagnostics, lift up/underchassis inspection and the test drive, the verdict was that it is in excellent condition. also, the service record was checked and the PMS was religiously made on schedule. the only repairs that are needed to be done "urgently" are the belt fan and tension assembly (sa engine) and replacing the two rear stabilizing rod. total cost of the repairs is P15T. the patrol is being sold to me for P1.1M

the price of the 2.7L fortuner, all in i.e. IHF and IHI and 6% increase, will range from either P1.3M++ to P1.4M++ depending on the amount of the DP

if i get the patrol and assuming my budget to be P1.3M++, i "have" P200T

with this, i can do the following for the patrol:

1. upgrade all shocks to Old Man Emu
    2. upgrade all headlights and rear lights to the new 2003/2004 model
    3. new sound system (HU, speakers and subwoofer)
    4. new rims (concept one pa) and tires (yokohama or bridgestone)

even changing the rear seat from bench type to front facing type is an option. even converting this to 4x4 is an option, hehehehe

and the best news (based on feedback from those in the second hand car market): in 2008, a 2nd hand 2005 2.7L fortuner will probably cost about P900T while this patrol (assuming a mileage of about 70T km) can still fetch P850T.

so, P1.1M plus lots of goodies for a full size SUV versus P1.3M for a stock mid size SUV which you cannot tinker with unless you want to void the warranties, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

hehehehehe

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Actually, most people but for the looks. If you like the design of the Patrol, then go for it. you save probably 200T for bling blings. Maybe you be mistaken for Malacanang People. You'll be the 'KING' of the road.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by andre
    Actually, most people but for the looks. If you like the design of the Patrol, then go for it. you save probably 200T for bling blings. Maybe you be mistaken for Malacanang People. You'll be the 'KING' of the road.
    hahaha, i hope that i will not be mistaken as a "malacanang people." as for king of the road, well not my intention either. the king of the road is still the venerable jeepney

i dont really go for looks. i go for resale value, fuel mileage and reasonableness of price.

i guess when you talk of resale value, all other factors come in such as looks, engine, reliability, design, etc. as for engine, i suppose that the nissan ZD engine, even if it came out much earlier, is the latest diesel engine of nissan the same way that d4d is the latest diesel engine for toyota. and, with no patrol redesign in the offing in the next three years or so (i think), then the patrol's looks will remain "fresh" in the nissan line up

i checked some want ads and the internet and the selling price of a 2001 patrol today still ranges from 1.2M to 1.4M with about an average of 60T on the odometer.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2001 Nissan Patrol GU or 2005 Fortuner G?