New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    pare dun ka nlg sa bago ehehe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    for sure wla kna problemahin sa maintenance (for a few years) and sympre, the smell and feel of a brand new tsikot!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wilcats, hehe, nabili na ni 111prez yung Patrol. please read through the posts before posting, baka sumama pa ang loob ni 111prez. but i'm very sure he's very very satisfied and happy with his purchase. binihisan na nga agad e. ;)
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    wilcats, hehe, nabili na ni 111prez yung Patrol. please read through the posts before posting, baka sumama pa ang loob ni 111prez. but i'm very sure he's very very satisfied and happy with his purchase. binihisan na nga agad e. ;)
    hehehehe

well, between the 2.7 fortuner i was planning to get and the 2001 patrol that i got, hands down winner ang patrol for me for the reasons i mentioned in this thread. i also get great enjoyment in dressing up my vehicle para ma personalized. my next project is to apply for change of plates kasi the one i got has personalized plates which is really do not like. however, i did notice that most patrol GUs that i see on the road HAVE personalized plates.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    for sure wla kna problemahin sa maintenance (for a few years) and sympre, the smell and feel of a brand new tsikot!!
    i agree that a brand new vehicle will have no, if little, maintenance problems. and if there is a problem, the warranty will cover it. dito panalo ang brand new talaga.

however, it also stands to reason that a well maintained 2nd hand vehicle, with complete service history and checked by the casa, will also have very little maintenance issues. of course, when you purchase a 2nd hand vehicle, you should also set aside a budget for the immediate maintenance since you may want some parts, even if this will still last some 6 months or more, to be replaced with brand new ones.

i was just lucky to get one with low mileage, casa checked before purchase and with very little maintenance issues.

as for the smell, interior detailing lang yan and then a good freshener, hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    111prez,im just curious, why would you keep the Patrol maximum of 3 years only?

i agree that a 2nd hand patrol is a better buy than a new 2.7 fortuner =)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isa pang problema ng 2nd hand vehicles is mapapaaga ang paggastos mo sa pagreplace ng mga wear-and-tear parts.

Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    i agree that a brand new vehicle will have no, if little, maintenance problems. and if there is a problem, the warranty will cover it. dito panalo ang brand new talaga.

however, it also stands to reason that a well maintained 2nd hand vehicle, with complete service history and checked by the casa, will also have very little maintenance issues. of course, when you purchase a 2nd hand vehicle, you should also set aside a budget for the immediate maintenance since you may want some parts, even if this will still last some 6 months or more, to be replaced with brand new ones.

i was just lucky to get one with low mileage, casa checked before purchase and with very little maintenance issues.

as for the smell, interior detailing lang yan and then a good freshener, hehehehe
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    to moneywhiz -- usually 3 years ang benchmark ko for changing vehicles. thus, i try to get an idea of how much my present vehicle will cost after 3 years from my purchase. the better the resale value of a vehicle 3 years hence, the more attractive it is for me to buy it at present. however, if i enjoy it very much, i can opt to keep it longer though as i know these patrols are tough and a model change for the patrol is not due until 2008, or so i heard.

to boybi -- hehehehe, na input ko na yang mga worn out parts replacement sa budget. so far, sa nakuha ko, the only real major part change were the stabilizer links (front and back). lahat yan bago na. yung panhard puede pa naman sabi ng taga nissan and i will consider replacing this during the 40T km checkup na sabay sa oil change. the other changes are very minor like weather strips, wiper blades, the power antenna, one screw missing from the glove compartment, a few missing plugs and rubbers, new fuel filters (primary and secondary) and changing the stock horn to stebel magnums.

to 5speed -- sorry talaga bro but i dont have any "before" pics of the car. hindi talaga ako mahilig kumuha ng pics ng kotse. however, i will try to post some "after pics"

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    just based it on quality and reliability, walang sinabi ang nissan sa toyota kahit dito sa US.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
2001 Nissan Patrol GU or 2005 Fortuner G?