New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    been considering the bimmer fpor a while until i saw this Black 1997 Mit Eclipse for P690K. napa-wow ako kasi sobrang kinis at alaga.medyo malaki at mabigat nga lang but is using the same 4G63 engine ng Evo.i'll have a testdrive on thursday and pretty excited na.

could anyone advise me about this (mitsu) car and its maintenaance cost?

againts the Bimmer, which would you prefer?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    depende na yan kung ano hanap mo .... malayo at magkaibang magkaiba yung 2 cars na yan

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    your main difference between the two cars, the Eclipse will consume more fuel. Its also more difficult to live with if you have a family (its basically a 2-door 2x2 seat car). If you are single or have another car (for family use), the Eclipse will be a nice car to have.

Mechanically the local Eclipse uses parts which it shares with the Galant. That would mean easier to find parts.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    alam ko po na magkaiba yung 2 (sportscoupe vs 4-door luxury sedan).alam ko rin ang magkaibang image na dala ng 2. meron po akong ibang oto pa at naghahanap ako ng personal/ social car. mas iniitindi ko lang kung alin ang mas madaling imaintain at mas may appeal.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What image do you want to project?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Aesthetically, mas may dating yung Eclipse. And like ghosthunter said, it would be easier to find parts for it.

Although for me, nawala na yung appeal niya with the popularity of the Lancer Evo.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hmmm, kung social car, get an Audi A6 or A8 (not sure about their going prices though). No matter which trim, it always exudes one of a kind understated luxury.

1997 Mitsu Eclipse isn't exactly a cool car anymore. It's just another outdated teenager's jap coupe.

2001 BMW 316i is okay but this is the base model. Social cars aren't exactly base model ones. If you want, get a 320d, now that's something else. It's going beyond social. :-)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    actually kahit 316i iba pa rin ang dating... parang mas mature "executive" type un dating even with the 15" steel ugly ass rims. palitan mo lang ng 17s,debadge it and keep it clean lagi ok na. it will still be treated with more respect than a souped up eclipse. imo para sa akin N/A eclipse arent worth the trouble. pag turbo pwede pa.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i agree with sir kyle..mine is 2000 318i..last years Transportshow's Best milleniun sedan ..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i agree with sir kyle..mine is 2000 318i..last years Transportshow's Best milleniun sedan ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2001 BMW 316i vs 1997 Mit Eclipse