New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I used to own a 1997 Honda City Exi AT, unhappy with the AT shift shock so I sold it and upgraded to 1997 Honda Civic Lxi MT. Di ka magsisisi bro sa Civic. Build and ride quality of Civic is much better and roomier pa. Maganda at madaling pormahan pa. Just look for manual transmission like mine. Di ko gusto shift shock ng matic. Parts are not that expensive anymore, bihira din naman masira.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung priority talaga is tipid ng gas sa city nko. mas bagong model pa. or pampagulo po is ung bago namen; suzuki alto! hehe 360k lang bnew na!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hello!

May nagsabi naman sa akin na ang Honda City Type Z LXI with HP16 engine is mas malakas sa gas kesa sa mga naka City Type Z VTI or Civic VTEC. Is this true??

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Pardon me Ms. cezy_18 I never thought a female would be that interested in buying a car and ask in forums... hehehe :D

Going back to topic, since ride and drive lang dina ng purpose, Honda City would be the best choice. Just try to avoid the a/t kasi nga grabe ang shift shock ng city and 2000 model below civic w/ an a/t.

Regarding naman sa fuel consumption, kaya lumalabas na mas malakas sa gas yung 1.3HP16v sa 1.5 vtec is because of the driving habits. Drive a 1.3 city like a 1.6 civic eh sobra nga lakas sa gas nyan. Because the engine does not produce enough power at low rpms, you have to rev it high para makasabay sa mga 1.6L cars. But if steady ka lang mag drive and not pushing the engine too much mas matipid yung 1.3 kasi mas maliit ang displacement.
    Yung 1.5 vtec naman is also designed for fuel economy. Engine is Vtec-E, technology used sa civic VTi 96-00 model. It tuns 12-valve at low rpm and when vtec kicks in, chaka lang sya magiging 16-valve. The 12-valve mode is a lean burn mode. One intake valve closes to promote a swirl, thsu the egnine can run at a leaner air fuel mixture but still producing enough power to proppel the car.

For me the City is the honda that is best kept stock. Maintenance ng honda is no longer that expensive since you can buy honda parts anywhere. Nakasanayan lang ng pinoy na pag honda mahal ang maintenance kasi when honda came in the philippines, exclusive ang parts sa casa lang. And only honda can tune the car or else warranty is void. After the MOA expired in 1996, honda parts are jsut as common as other car makers.

I beg to disagree that corolla suspension is more reliable than a civic. Brand new to brand new mas mauuna masira ang mc pherson ng corolla kaysa sa double wishhbone ng civic. Problema lang sa civic, the double wishbone has more mechanical parts compared to a corolla. More parts = more chances of breaking down. Pag nasira suspension ng civic ang dami mo papalitan na bushings and ball joints. Sa corolla suspension sobrang simple kaya mas madali ma trace ang kalampag.

But the city has Mc Pherson type suspension, same sa mga corolla. Simpel design, simple to maintain.

ang haba... :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hello Emong3! Haba nga ng reply hehehe. But I do appreciate it. Thanks very much sa info!

I am checking out a 2001 Honda City Type Z VTi now. Hopefully, ok naman sya. Kasi pati parents ko napapagod na sa pagtulong na maghanap ng car for me hehehe.

I find this forum very informational. Thanks to all those who replied to my query! All are very much appreciated!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ano resale value ng honda city type z..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hello hello!

Just want to thank again all those who replied to my queries on different threads.

I already bought a 2001 Honda City Type Z Vti last week. At first look and lots of checking/testing, the car seems great. Fortunately, when I have it checked at Speedyfix, it is indeed on tip top condition.

Thanks again and more power to tsikot!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cezy_18 View Post
    Hello hello!

Just want to thank again all those who replied to my queries on different threads.

I already bought a 2001 Honda City Type Z Vti last week. At first look and lots of checking/testing, the car seems great. Fortunately, when I have it checked at Speedyfix, it is indeed on tip top condition.

Thanks again and more power to tsikot!

*cezy_18: how much bili mo?

guys.. pwede maclassify naman yung mga different variant ng CITY from 98 to 2001.. i'm also scouting to get one?

tama ba 2000 mas top of the line ang exi kaysa lxi?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    *cezy_18: how much bili mo?

guys.. pwede maclassify naman yung mga different variant ng CITY from 98 to 2001.. i'm also scouting to get one?

tama ba 2000 mas top of the line ang exi kaysa lxi?
    PM'd you sir imperialv

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    gr8 buy cezy_18
    im also new in this honda thing, i bought my '96 civic Vti last year.
    lately ko lang din napansin yung 1.5 vtec na city at nag-iisip ako kung mas ok bang iswap ko yung car ko sa '01 city na vtec.
    sa tingin ko kasi newer car less mileage and less laspag.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2000 Honda City Type Z or 96/97/98 Honda Civic?