New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Have you considered KIA Sorento?
    Considered it before, pero correct me if I'm wrong di pasok sa stretched budget ko of 1.5M.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Isuzu Ivan na lang. Isa pa lang ata ang nakita ko :bwahaha:
    Maraming school bus na ganyan sa min

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    Considered it before, pero correct me if I'm wrong di pasok sa stretched budget ko of 1.5M.
    I was in the same decision point and decided on the Sorento. I was surprised that I could get it for less than the Montero and the Fortuner if I settled for the 4x2 (which I did). The advantages I saw in the Sorento outweighed the AWD in the equivalent Montero and Fortuner - since the Sorento was unibody (vs. body on frame which had stiffer ride), more power (197 hp vs. lower for the Mit and Fort), 6-speed, newer and fresher body and interiors.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonM View Post
    I was in the same decision point and decided on the Sorento. I was surprised that I could get it for less than the Montero and the Fortuner if I settled for the 4x2 (which I did). The advantages I saw in the Sorento outweighed the AWD in the equivalent Montero and Fortuner - since the Sorento was unibody (vs. body on frame which had stiffer ride), more power (197 hp vs. lower for the Mit and Fort), 6-speed, newer and fresher body and interiors.
    i agree. if you dont really need the 3rd row seats, go for the Sorento.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Montero looks better than the Fort

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    But KIA Sorento blows them away, in power, comfort, probably even consumption.

*Boysticks, Sorento R starts at 1.3 I think.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Fortuner na brad.

Kasi kung montero ganito malamang mangyayari. Pag lumabas kayo ni misis at may nasalubong ka na fortuner, ang dialog ay sana nag fortuner na lang tayo. tsk tsk.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ^and it could also be vice versa. Choose what you really want.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ^and it could also be vice versa. Choose what you really want. Both cars are good in fact i had both cars but i just sold the fortuner dahil hindi rin naman nagagamit to give you an insight mas hindi ko nagamit yung fortuner because of it being mas matagtag among the two at mas feel ko yung steering ng montero kahit pa sabihin nilang mabigat i feel more safe in it at high speed. My fortuner is a V while the montero is GLS. Although maganda tingnan yung gate type a/t transmission ng fort mas favorable pa rin ako sa monty kasi straight lang sya at mas less hassle operating without looking. Sa seats sa fort ako tigas ng seats ng montero eh. Sa 3rd row sa monty ako mas spacious sya yung nga lang mababa sya but hey its better than the 2nd gen everest i previously had. Mas responsive din yung at transmission ng monty despite having 4 speed forward.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Satisfied Fort owner for almost 3 years now. No repairs whatsoever. No black smoke. No kalampag or unwanted squeeks or noises. Hope it stays that way. Okay pa din yung sound insulation niya. Aside from that, maintenance is cheap. Never paid more than 5K kahit nag 25K PMS na ko. Pero I continue to use the Toyota mineral oil kasi I'm satisfied with it. The boxy design is less dramatic kaya it ages more gracefully than the competition. Sakin lang parang di ko talaga masakyan yung tail lights ng bagong model. Sana they change it to look similar sa 2009 model.

As far as driving experience is concerned, mas matagtag talaga yung 2011 model ko compared to the Montero. First few minutes pag drive ko sa Montero ramdam mo na kaagad yung difference. Nanotice ko lang sa Montero, may konting slack sa steering and sa gas. Parang takes a second or two to respond. Yung fort ko, hanggang ngayun parang bump car. Pag apak sa gas, takbo agad. Kung baga, pag nag drag ang montero at fort, mas unang aandar ang fort pero masmauuna na mareach ng monty ang 50kph. Na notice ko din na sound insulation ng Monty is not as good or maybe it just deteriorates faster.

Quality is something we have to find out for the Montero. The fort components have been around since 2006. Suspension, engine and all. Matibay kung sa matibay. Yung tropa ko hanggang ngayon wala pang pinapalitan na suspension parts sa 06 model niya. SCV lang. Naka 2 palit na ng gulong at 150k mileage.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast