New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ok lang, discussions lang din po

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the focus really isn't in the same class as the civic, IMHO.

if you're buying a 1M car (as opposed to a compact SUV) that means you're not gunning for outright practicality, but more interested in making a statement about yourself. the civic 2.0, HID's etc. is still a civic. and there are now tons of them on the street (I think there are more FD civics on the street now than mazda3's).

i'd go for the focus. poor person's BMW, so they say.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've read that the 2.0 focus consumes 7-8 km/liter (city driving) - any news from 2.0 civic?

I am also considering getting the 1.8V then upgrade na lang in terms of features (HID, Leather seats etc) it would still come out cheaper than the 2.0 S-L model.

Mean while - sa 2.0 focus baka mags na lang. Hard to resist talaga deal ng Ford (aside from the standard freebies they even offer free LTO, Chattel, plus P20,000 discount) hay naku

Thanks for the inputs guys, appreciate it

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The 1.8 automatic civic is claimed to get 9-10 km/L city.

The civic is really the practical choice. but if you're blowing a million pesos on a car, you must not be really thinking about practicality, right? at the 1M price, practical is a CR-V.

I'd still go with the Focus.

Off-topic. The Mazda Tribute 3.0 V6 goes for 1.1M to 1.2M! same price as the 2.4L 4-banger from the other brands. Now that's practical too..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pareng Orly - nililito mo naman talaga ako eh

dito nga lang sa dalawang hirap na ako

Matignan nga

Thanks

maganda na ang focus sport..well, kung kaya madag-dagan pa mazda 6.

otherwise focus/kung hatch, mazda 3 2.0r kung sedan.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Electric seats, telescoping wheel, adjustable steering weight, moonroof... just some of the features the Ford Focus 2.0L have while other cars don't.

Best of all, I like its suspension really tuned just in the middle. Enough for nice handling, but doesn't compromise on ride quality.

And recently... Ford just got its WRC constructor's championship with the Focus.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    you know,.,.maganda sila pareho in terms of itsura,,good performane,same good exterior and interior,,pero compare mo kaya ang kanilang engine performance,,honda in three years time versus fucos in one and a half years time,,pareho pa rin yan and pagdating ng three years ng fucos eh dyan mo malalaman kung anong uring problema ang iyong ipapaayos....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Fuel Economy:

The old Honda Civic 2.0 had nearly identical fuel economy to the Focus 2.0. In other words, it's close enough to be mostly dependent on the driver and conditions.

Fuel economy for all 2.0 automatics is the same... no advantage to the Civic, and if there is, it's a small one.

RE: Aftersales service:

Ford's service is topnotch so far as I've seen. There are grumbles from other owners on niggling defects (none major, so far), but the service itself is good. Honda? Some casas are notorious for bad service or inattentiveness on warranty claims... but the same can be said of some Ford casas (won't mention names... hehe).

As to the cars themselves, Honda has the longer service interval, I believe, which might save a bit... but I'm wary of using long intervals given our local traffic and heat conditions. Ford has some good points, itself, like the lifetime sealed coolant system...

RE: Performance

The old Honda Civic 2.0 was definitely much much faster than the Focus 2.0 from a standstill, but still not in the Lynx's league. My uncle has owned both generations, and he says the current 2.0 Civic isn't as quick off-the-line because of the electronic throttle... so it might still be faster than the Focus 2.0, but the difference is not as big as it once was.

The old Civic 2.0 wasn't really a car that was built to handle... not like the older SiR, and not in the Focus's league. The new one has very sharp electric steering and a firmed up suspension and better suspension geometry. It's a good handler, but still behind the Focus. (The Mazda3 still betters the Civic in terms of handling, too).

If you're looking at sporty 2.0s, the Mazda3 is actually a more involving and exciting car than the Focus or the Civic. The Civic may be a stoplight rocket... of sorts, but it can't match the near-BMW feel of the Focus (after one rally and two track-days, I'm finally convinced...) or the frenetic Mazda-ness of the Mazda3 (it's the only thing on the market today that feels as involving as the Lynx RS).

But... if you want a real stoplight rocket? Get a Hyundai Accent. around 300k less. Spend the extra money on better shocks, lowering springs, wheels and tires, a small intercooler and a full-exhaust upgrade, and you'll have an SiR killer on your hands... ...and it's fuel efficient, too... owners are reporting over 20 km/l...
    Last edited by niky; December 4th, 2006 at 09:35 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

hondas are best know nga talaga as stoplight drag(1/4-mile runs)

hehehe accent/kahit getz/matrix lang sa lakas ng torque, sibak ang stock SIR sa stoplight/ bitawan nga...

(kaya gusto ko parin ang manual-->my still pinapangarap toy: 4g63t-ic rvr manual parin ako, 250ps*5500,35kg-m*2500, 1550kgs.)
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; December 5th, 2006 at 07:59 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2.0S-L Civic vs 2.0 Focus Sports