New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Peeps,

I've read the other thread regarding the same topic but not to many comments on the 2.0 variants.

My choice is down to these 2 cars :

2.0 Civic (A/T) = P 1,112,000
    2.0 Focus (A/T) = P1,025,000

I am more concerned with power, fuel consumption and aftersale service (PMS on parts and labor). Both cars have their own appeal in the looks department.

Hope you guys can help me. I have until next week to decide.

Thanks in advance.

pag palagay na natin ganito >

2.0SL na FD

digi guage, EPS, 5speed w/paddle shifter, HID

focus > my personal choice in either black or gray/silver.

dual aircon, sun/moon roof, foldable backseats, hatch, rear aircon, at walang ganitong scandal <--click mo yan

kahit 4-speed semi-matic yan....ok na din.malalim din at maganda talaga.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks always yummy.

Talked to Ford Libis this morning. Gave me a very good deal for the 2.0 sports. While Honda is just giving away their standard freebies (I guess they can afford to do this, coz lots of people are still buying)

mayabang HCPI

black focus or silver/gray....bagay dun!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm thinking of getting the jeans blue. Hirap ng black

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Focus vs. Civic

Exterior

Focus' fierce fat-cat design looks more intact than the Civic that only looks nice in a perpendicular point of view.

Interior

Both look very nice, but the Ford seems to use more high-quality plastic. The NVH and insulation are also better than the Honda.

Performance

Honda's VTEC and 5-speed auto combo should outrun the Ford's Duratec and 4-speed tandem. You can also have the former with a real stickshift, which should boost acceleration even more.

Handling

Ford Europe has been developing cars that can be maneuvered nicely despite being FWD. The Focus's chassis and steering are brilliant, clearly ahead of the Civic.

Economy

2.0 cars are not really known to be very efficient, but I think the Civic should fare slightly better because of the lighter body and better engine and gearbox.

Resale

The Civic should depreicate less than many other cars while the Focus, yet to create its track record, would have an unknown value in the years to come.

Issues

The Civic has one linked above, Focus none yet.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i found the Focus 2.0 Hatch's rims small and boring compared to the civics nicely spoked rims. 16s both pero parang masmaliit yun sa focus.

pero overall mas sulit pa rin yun Civic for overall value sa tingin ko. HID is also a plus and the paddle shifter!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    focus has electric seat adjuster while the FD dont have it, there is also a woe here in FORD's aftersales service, try to search it, as i recall some of its wording "sa shop ng kakilala ko naayos yung focus ko, sa mismong FORD di na magawan ng remedyo" <--- mejo edited na pero that's how it means, try searching it

alam ko na yon ung pinasok ng tubig ang makina kasi ung air brather daw nasa /near wheel well!

pero yun, baka mas user-cause than the stupider "bird-poop"/not-usok proof painting ng HCPI!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hehe

:peace:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
2.0S-L Civic vs 2.0 Focus Sports