New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ako Forester suggestion ko other than the two.

lalo na yung facelifted.

kung gusto mo soft-roader na matipid sa gas, ung HR-V ka....same drive as the CR-V, pero d16a makina, sohc 1600cc(1.6L) un nga lang kasing price din siya ng cr-v, 400-500 thousand, and available lang in either blue or ung alanganing orange na gold...w/ m/t...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jai
    Im still not decided. I test drove a 99 Rav 4 today and it was nice. Also test drove a 98 CR-V equally good but roomier lang and I really like its dashboard.

oh btw, the gen1 CRV that has the OD button is the CRV with the B20Z motor. Has 146 hp compared to the previous (B20B) 126 hp motor. Funny how very few people even used car salesmen don't know about this (pareho lang daw iba lang yung takip ng engine hahaha). I think it was the 4th quarter 1999 to 2001 CRV models that came out in the Philippines that had this engine. Medyo mahal pa ang mga CR-V na nasa year model na to. na sa 480 to 520 pa compared to the 98-99 CRV and 98-99 Rav na 400 to 450.

So far I have short listed the following pros that I have for both

CRV
    - I like the dash board and instrumentation
    - More torquey Engine
    Rav 4
    - I like its look better than the CRV
    - It has a more fuel efficient engine than the CRV

Looking at the prices for the same year models, I think halos pareho lang resale value nila.
    kung undecided ka pa din, try mo 2nd hand 2nd gen. up the ante a bit para makapili ka na. nakakasakit ng ulo yan deadlocked position.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the 98-99 CRV and 98-99 Rav na 400 to 450.
    Grabe, sarap talaga mag-carshopping ngayon ng gen1 Ravs/CRVs. Normally ok pa naman ang condition ng mga ito, tapos cool market prices na.
    the gen1 CRV that has the OD button is the CRV with the B20Z motor. Has 146 hp compared to the previous (B20B) 126 hp motor.
    Driving our gen1 matic CRV (the lower 126hp one), during acceleration na nagmamadali ako, parang na-iiwan ako ng mga gen1 Rav noon (at least the 3dr ones). Don't have experience driving gen1 Ravs, but with our gen2 Rav, it feels much lighter and accelerates much faster than the gen1 126hp CRV. No experience lang with the 146hp version gen1 CRV.

They're both great rides, as long as you find ones that were well maintained. Maybe you could consider maintenance aspect between Honda and Toyota, as well. I think Toyotas are generally cheaper to maintain than Hondas, both in casas, or when getting parts sold elsewhere. Other than that, it may boil down to which ride would tickle your heart the most. Good luck in your final pick.
    Last edited by Autobeat; June 12th, 2006 at 06:08 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    actually, if you look on paper. the gen1 CRV with the 146hp VTEC motor is even faster (9.4secs AT) to 60mph than the gen1(10.0secs MT) and gen2 RAV4(10.3secs AT).

the gen1 CRV was really nice, a good performer and much more practical.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sorry dont have specs for gen1 RAV4 AT... numbers are from C/D magazine.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yep iba hatak ng B20Z engine, mas mabilis pa standing acceleration ng 2k crv ko kesa sa 320i

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually the B20Z motor has a non-VTEC head. The Rav 4 Gen 1 engine has about 120 hp (3sfe yata yung engine code, same engine as a 96 to 99 camry). It has a better power to weight ratio than the B20B equipped CRV but the Rav 4 sacrifices a bit on ride quality due to its small and light chassis.

Saw a 97 Rav 4 today and the owner is selling it for 380T (56k odo). kulay red, kinis pa at ganda pa ng engine. I am so tempted to get it. Im also thinking of just waiting till next year na lang para makaipon pa ng konti para I could afford the 2000 series CRV.

Im really just bent on either the Rav or the CRV. A few weeks ago mas malawak pa kasama pa mga strada at frontier na pick-up hehehe..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe the free picnic table of the CR-V will help your decision

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

include mo pa ung bucket sa ilalim ng table...

may blue 98 crv m/t sa tsikot ads, kakalagay lang check mo lang..mga 460 ata..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
1st Gen Rav 4 vs 1st Gen CRV