New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Hi guys,

Please suggest on what car should I buy? I don't know much about the specs of a car or what to look for when buying one.

These are things that should be considered:
    1. Be able to ride 5 or 6 persons (including the driver) - is Sedan possible?
    2. I will primarily use it as my ride from home to office (metro manila) - not yet married
    3. Less than P900k
    4. Prefer diesel (but you may also suggest cars using gasoline and please tell me why you prefer gas compared to diesel, if ever)
    5. Fuel consumption
    6. Also prefer MT but I don't know if the traffic in Metro Manila (did not experience yet to drive in Metro Manila, I usually drive in our province Bicol) will let me regret for choosing it instead of AT.. :-D
    7. Parts should be available in the market (not only on CASA)
    8. Freebies or discount? :-D

I already have 2 cars in mind but did not schedule yet a test drive as I am considering also the opinions of the members here.

Thank you so much.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What 2 cars do you have in mind? I find sedans are comfortable only for 4 people (including the driver) no matter how large that sedan is.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What 2 cars do you have in mind? I find sedans are comfortable only for 4 people (including the driver) no matter how large that sedan is.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    How about crossover? Is it also the same with sedan good for 4 to 5? Can't afford SUVs for now.. :-D

I don't want to divulge yet the name of the cars to avoid bias..:-)

What can you suggest ma'am?

Thank you.

Sent from my 8_96_Android using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Jetta TDI M/T sedan checks all numbers except 7 & 8.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Diesels under 900k that could seat 5 to 6 that has plenty of parts in the market? adventure or crosswind? Noy sure if the kia soul is still under 900k. Otherwise, its a toss up between Avanza and Mobilio for gasolines. You can also consider sedans, the ecosport and the juke barring the 5 or 6 seating capacity.

When you start looking at second hands cars, you'll have more options then. Which cars do you havr in mind now?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    What i have in mind are the vios and accent (is this the only sedan which has DIESEL?)..
    But i think they can only accommodate 5,right?

I will check all your suggestions..:-)

Any other options?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    What model of sedan will satisfy # 2-7? I think I will just stick with 5 because only AUV and SUV can satisfy the 6 persons..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by striker_24 View Post
    What model of sedan will satisfy # 2-7? I think I will just stick with 5 because only AUV and SUV can satisfy the 6 persons..

the sedan brochures may advertise 3 seats at the back. but in truth, they will have to be three child-size children or three very thin adults, if the trip is to last more than 5 minutes. tingnan mo na lang po, yung kurbada ng upuan. pang-dalawa lang talaga yan.
    heh heh.
    get an auv, po. the adventure. or a used diesel innova.
    it fits all your qualifications.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the sedan brochures may advertise 3 seats at the back. but in truth, they will have to be three child-size children or three very thin adults, if the trip is to last more than 5 minutes. tingnan mo na lang po, yung kurbada ng upuan. pang-dalawa lang talaga yan.
    heh heh.
    get an auv, po. the adventure. or a used diesel innova.
    it fits all your qualifications.
    I agree 100%. Any sedan, no matter how large,is comfortable only for 2 adults at the back.

The Innova is really nice but it's too expensive now.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Ok, so sedan is really good for 4 only..
    Let's remove the #1 criteria, what sedan can you recommend in terms of #2-7 or #2-8?
    Thank you. :-)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast