New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    at the same price...

CRV has 47T mileage

Optra has 29T mileage...

In terms of performance, looks, fuel consumption and reliable. what would be your pick? why?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    if i have the money, CRV. higher ground clearance for flash floods.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go for the CR-V considering both have the same fuel consumption(?) My C99 CR-V back then M/T was doing around 7.5km/L. I think the Optra has similar fuel mileage figures (heard it was a gas guzzler for a compact sedan).

For the CR-V you get more interior space and higher ground clearance than your usual sedan.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i have a 99 CRV with almost 90T km. i'd say CRV pa din kung 47T, alaga yan kung ganyan lang mileage

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yup, alaga talaga ang CRV (4x4) pero sympre mas sariwa tingnan ang OPTRA kasi 2004 model...

Both units are matic. Optra owner says he gets 6km/l\, same as the CRV...

I like the interior of OPTRA...

regarding resale value, san mas maganda?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    It is appartent that most of the factors are for the CRV yet your heart is leaning for the Optra because of the looks. Up to you to follow your heart or your mind.

Performance=CRV
    Looks=Optra
    Reliability=Tie. CRV kung same age--kung hindi pareho lang siguro
    Resale=I suggest you check buy and sell. I-track mo din yung Optra how fast the depreciation is from year to year. CRV would've won this too kaya lang I'm not sure kasi it's older by a whole 5 years.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Normally, I'd say rubbish to the flood clearance thing, because the safest thing to do in a flood is park the car high and wait it out. I've seen many "CUVs" get broken engines because owners mistakenly thought high ground clearance automatically equated to high fording capability... and despite the looks, the CRV is no off-roader.

BUT... the Optra's air intake is really ridiculously low. It's one of the easiest cars to hydrolock, maybe aside from an old EFI Sentra.

The Optra's consumption out of the box is bad, but it's a simple reprogramming to make it decent. The CRV's consumption will always be bad.

True, a new CRV may be more reliable than an Optra, but this is an 8 year old car (not a ladder-frame truck, mind you) we're talking about. At this age, you may see transmission problems, busted CV Joints and suspension parts, busted engine mounts, etcetera. The engine will definitely be stronger in the long run than the Optra's, and possibly less prone to breakdown, but don't expect everything else to be.

Try before you buy... and get whatever's in better condition.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Para sa akin Optra. Why?
    1. mas bago
    2. lower mileage
    3. mas maporma
    4. mas maganda yung interior
    5. mas matagal pang lalabas ang mga sira ( depende sa 1st owner)
    6. matipid sa rektahan
    7. mas mura mga parts than Honda.

meron din akong '04 Optra 1.6LS A/T 26T kms palang. wala naman akong problema kaso may kaunting kalakasan sa Gas pero pwedeng masolusyonan. pwede kang magpa reprogram ng ECU, pwede ka ring bumuli ng gas saver.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Normally, I'd say rubbish to the flood clearance thing, because the safest thing to do in a flood is park the car high and wait it out. I've seen many "CUVs" get broken engines because owners mistakenly thought high ground clearance automatically equated to high fording capability... and despite the looks, the CRV is no off-roader.
    i once crossed a flooded area at fairview with my 99CR-V long ago where water levels were at bumper level. At the middle of the flood i can see the water splashing on my hood. My license plate got lost in the middle of the flood. apparently it was torn off during the crossing. My CR-V made it though without stalling in the middle.

A CUV though not a real off roader can still do a lot of things an ordinary sedan can't (curb hopping, tolerable flood crossings)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Kahit older yung crv i'd still go for it. I have driven both cars yung suspension ng optra is not as plush as the crv. The crv has better handling considering its higher ground clearance. Halos same lang ang gas consumption nila tapos mas bigger pa cabin space ng crv. So for me sa CRV na.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1999 CRV vs 2004 Optra 1.6