New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    just so long as you check how much it costs for repair and maintenance. remember, as crv damper costs as much as P9,000 per piece. as for the optra, i have no idea if there are replacement parts available in the market now.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    DUDEE, do you mind bro. if i ask what's the price?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    just so long as you check how much it costs for repair and maintenance. remember, as crv damper costs as much as P9,000 per piece. as for the optra, i have no idea if there are replacement parts available in the market now.
    The CR-V being an old model relatively may cheaper alternatives if you know where to look and parts are abundant since it shares the same platform with an EG and EK civic.

7.5k lang dati shocks sa casa but i opted for Bilstein shocks which are sold at around 25k a set back then brand new ( got my Bilstein set second hand though which turned out to be cheaper than new but still reliable as ever). KYB replacement shocks are sold at 1.5-2k a piece.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    If the CRV's interior still looks good, no major scratches, CRV ako. Though it has relatively the same leg room as a sedan, mas marami ka paring magagawa at maipapasok sa likod compared to a sedan. Mas pasasakitin nga lang nyan ulo mo in the first 2-4 mos of ownership sa repairs vs. the newer optra, pero CRV pa rin ako. Pero kung may mini-suv/AUV ka na e sa optra ka na mas fresh.

Bakit nga pala ibebenta yung relatively new Optra? Must make you wonder...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    reprogram ng ECU, pwede ka ring bumuli ng gas saver.
    Gas saver devices are bogus.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I used to have a 1999 CRV M/T sound cruiser, i replaced it with a 2003 Chevy Optra A/T. Consumption is the same but i prefer the CRV kasi 2.0L better acceleration. i sold the CRV for around 500K++ in 2003 to buy the Optra, now pareho lang sila ng value. i think the CRV even has a higher resale than the 03' Optra. It was a mistake, i should have stuck with the CRV diba, better value for money. So for value the CRV is higher compared to the Chevy.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    the 1999 CRV plus extra 4 17" MAGS are priced at 400T, same with 2004 Optra (all stock)..

The Optra is being sold by my kababata kasi he is getting a new pajero.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    the 1999 CRV plus extra 4 17" MAGS are priced at 400T, same with 2004 Optra (all stock)..

The Optra is being sold by my kababata kasi he is getting a new pajero.
    Hi Dudee! I never had a car and looking for a used one. Wala akong alam sa sasakyan pero type ko ang CRV in general plus sa mga nababasa kong comments mukhang ok naman. Just in case you will buy the Optra, introduce mo naman sa akin ung seller ng CRV. I think it's perfect for my family use. I have 2 young kids. . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
1999 CRV vs 2004 Optra 1.6